Re: Chordie Skype Virtual Jam Week of 3/4

Glad you got on for a few JX3!  I resent you a contact request as well.  Because I have a Skype premium membership, that means I am the one that "hosts" the call.  So it's easiest if I already have everyone's contact info before the call begins.  I then just ring you all at the same time, and can easily add you to a call if you come on later.  This goes for everyone.  So make sure you send me a request in skype... and if you come on after we've all joined, just send me a quick instant message via skype and I'll add you into the call.  I do think others can add people in too though as long as they're already on the call.

I updated the first post to reflect past gatherings and the time for the next one.  Sunday 2-5 EST.  See ya'll then!!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

beamer wrote:

I dont have skype, but am looking into it. I will need to get a webcam.  does it have to have the integrated mic, or will running my recording mike in as a seperate work?  I work nights m-fri,  I get home at 130 AM Central time.

So who will be awake where it is daytime at that time? LOLOLOL  Will try to get hooked up by sunday but may be out of town or working,,,,

I use a USB studio condenser mic, which is the same mic I use for making quick recordings.  That seems to work well. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Yup, like Zurf said, if you can use whatever mic you have as a computer mic - skype will probably be able to recognize it.  I had my zoom H2 hooked up before, but for some reason it didn't want to work last night.  I'm going to try it again on Sunday.

It IS possible some of the folks on the other side of the pond may be awake at that time wink

Thanx so much to Amy and everybody else for the help during my brush with stupidity.Hope to be there sunday.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

We all did the same thing Jx3.  Imagine what it was like when we were trying to connect six people at once, none of us having done it before.  It took twenty minutes and we were all in hysterics laughing at our own ignorance before anyone had the chance to pick up a guitar.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

mekidsmom wrote:

Yup, like Zurf said, if you can use whatever mic you have as a computer mic - skype will probably be able to recognize it.  I had my zoom H2 hooked up before, but for some reason it didn't want to work last night.  I'm going to try it again on Sunday.

It IS possible some of the folks on the other side of the pond may be awake at that time wink

Well it seems that Ill be working sunday night 330-midnight Ctl time. ill lookinto a deacent webcam tomorrow though and try out the skype. how much is the premium? I cant even get the info on my puter at work,,,I mostly do my posting on chordie from here LOLOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

If you buy a year's worth, it's $60 for the year.  If you go month by month it is $10/month.

beamer wrote:
mekidsmom wrote:

Well it seems that Ill be working sunday night 330-midnight Ctl time. ill lookinto a deacent webcam tomorrow though and try out the skype. how much is the premium? I cant even get the info on my puter at work,,,I mostly do my posting on chordie from here LOLOLOL

Don't worry about the premium.  Get the webcam, get a free skype membership, and download the current version of skype free.  There just has to be ONE person with a premium membership on the call for everyone to view one another's cams.  So, as long as you are joining in while I'm there... you're good!  wink

REMINDER:  We set our clocks ahead an hour last night in NY for daylight savings time.  I know not every location does this, so I just thought I'd remind everyone that 2PM EST is going to come a little sooner today than it would have yesterday.  wink

Not gonna make it this Sunday 3/18. The wife and I are spending the weekend on our houseboat. No internet there.
Hope you guys have a great time.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?