Topic: Old fashioned thinking-Pricewise.

Remember when name brands were  ? I remember when a fender acoustic was expensive,same thing with peavey amps and yamaha guitars. What brings this to mind was a phone call I got from my sister in law in Maine.She was at an auction and she saw a yamaha guitar (F-325).It had a starting bid of 50.00. I told her to bid 50 and if she gets it,I would reimburse her.After researching that model,I found out that it isn`t a particularly expensive model.Worth the 50.00 but not much more.That is why I remember when these were expensive in the 80s.Now they are dirt cheap.While you get what you pay for,these are cheap at guitar center. I used to equate these brands with high quality.Now they are low budget with a major label. That`s it.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Old fashioned thinking-Pricewise.

Yamaha has always made guitars from entry level through advanced.  An F325 would be worth about $50 used.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I told her to go up to 80.00 to shut her up.I`m hoping the fur lined case she is talking about is a ahrd shell and not chipboard(cardboard).I like Yamahas but I have 3 already.I really don`t care if she loses the bid.But she will keep calling until its over.Not a bad time to go grocery shopping.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

If it's a hard shell case in good shape, that's worth about $100 alone.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I never heard back so I am hoping she didnt get it. The only reason I told her to bid was because she would have kept bugging me. I am sure that since you play,that friends and relatives that don`t play think that every guitar they see is a gibson or martin and worth a fortune. Amazing what a lack of knowledge can do or cost.

Enjoy Every Sandwich