Topic: Chordie Skype Virtual Jams Thursday 3/1 and Saturday 3/3

As I currently hold a Skype Premium Membership 7 day free trial (which is needed to allow group chat), I thought I'd try to schedule a couple of more "virtual campfire jams" before it expires. As much fun as we had last week, I'm guessing that this will be a popular gathering and all are welcome. That said, a max of 10 are allowed per session and 5 is recommended for best quality.

I am proposing to host sessions on Thursday evening, 7:00 pm eastern as well as Saturday afternoon 2:00pm eastern.

My Skype username is topdown67 and email is jeffreyftaylor AT yahoo.com (omitting spaces and substituting @ for AT)

For those interested, please post Skype contact info here or request a contact with me via skype. Plan on gathering a few minutes before the scheduled time.

Please read the other Skype threads before joining to get an idea how it works.

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19148

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19191

Looking forward to building this group and having more fun!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Chordie Skype Virtual Jams Thursday 3/1 and Saturday 3/3

Sorry Jeff I will not be available for either of those; 7:00pm there is 2:00am here and I need my beauty sleep (desperately - I just looked in the mirror smile). Saturday at 2:00pm there is 7:00pm here and I have a gig that evening.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Jeff - should be able to make Saturday. Will update you closer to the time... Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Can I just kind of sit in to see if I can get it to work for sunday? Still trying to figure this out.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Jx3, why not experiment on a 'one to one' basis before the time? The time difference might make it difficult for you and I to try (althought I certainly will if we can organise it) but I am sure there are other's in your time zone that would help.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Jx3, Let's do a quick session one-on-one this evening to get you warmed up.  Just try and catch me on-line. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'll try and make the Saturday and I'll be in touch with you about Thursday evening.  (By the by Roger, it's midnight your time, not 2:00AM - I'm sure it would run till 2:00AM)

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Well, seeing how Thursday is one of my day's off - I'll be available!  The only problem is the kids haven't had cuddle time with mom before bed as I've been working nights.  So, I'll be here and if they let me stay, I'll stay!  I'll see what's going on this weekend and probably pop in Saturday  and possibly even Sunday as well... but I don't want to stop other from joining in by my presense breaking that magic 5-10 number. 

In the interim.... I am mekidsmom on Skype as well.  If anyone wants to test their system - add me in - send me an email - look for me online on Skype - and we'll test it out!  smile

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I might join you guys also, but like amy, if there are close to ten people I will bow out so others may have a chance.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Going to make best efforts to be on for Saturday.  Thursday will be iffy for me, but I'm going to try to make that too.  I'm behind at work some and may need to work late. 

- Zurf

11 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2012-03-01 01:19:52)

Roger and Derek.Thanks for the offer of help. I will catch either of you sometime.I keep wierd hours.Up for work at 3am and usually dont get home until 6pm.(then I wonder why I feel burned out).My days off are sunday and monday.I`ll catch you eventually.  Take it easy  Joe.    I`m also on facebook.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I am gonna try and make it thursday, and saturday. Tops and I tried it out last night and he not only talks the talk he was tearin it up ...........

Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

^Thanks Wayne - but you are full of it. I wish I had your pickin' skills my friend. Looking forward to the next time!

I agree with Topdown; if I could make a list of those I would love to have a night sitting around listening watching, wlbaye - wayne would be on that list.  I have enjoyed everything I have seen him do.  I guess I am a fan!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

I'm looking really forward to this evening.  It'll be great to meet Wayne too.  I've been working on some Johnny Cash at Topdown's request.  He asked for Johnny Cash and I did a song from his American Recordings and I don't think it was what he was looking for.  So I've got a couple from the Sun years and another from Columbia years. 

- Zurf

I am lookin forward to it too, I wish there wasn't a delay, I would love to kick the Jam off with "Will the Circle be Unbroken" it is kind of a tradition in these parts and seems to be a real feel good song , that just about everyone knows and can play and singalong too. I may have to try a Johnny Cash song too smile

Later, Wayne P

That's a good tradition. 

- Zurf

I'm sick - try to catch the next one. sad FWIW I have a Skype premium account. We can use mine on future jams.

This is such a cool opp, Topdown!  If you find the AV quality to be pleasing at 5-10, those who are into it could snag one of those Skype premium free trials, to host and keep it going for months.  I'm in the camp with Pete and Amy - would love to give it a go this evening, but don't want to hog the bandwidth.  Still working at it over here (since 1971) - people always invite me back for another party, but so far noone has said, "...and don't forget your guitar!"  The most important thing is for those who join to have a really good time together, right?

Play . . . Rest . . . Repeat
-DS

Rest . . . and play it again
D.S.

Join us tonight DS - and anybody else who is interested, just look me up on skype, and I'll add you in!

Yeah, i guess it was a popular gig, and the skype-jam room filled up.  Skype username is "caesurads."  Thanks for your kind invitation!

Rest . . . and play it again
D.S.

Been trying to add you in DS - I'll try again - this skype stuff is new to me!

That was fun.  I really need my coffee this morning.  Wayne was everything I expected - even telling me that I'd go to Hell if I didn't wear a hat when I played.  Fortunately I had one handy.  D.S. was a nice surprise, though the technology got in our way a bit.  He's just up the road a piece from me in Virginia, so maybe we'll be able to do it live some time. 

I'm looking forward to Saturday and hoping to make it. 

- Zurf

Is the 2pm (7pm here) jam still happening today? I should be able to join in for a while, if there is room for me...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

It did sound like it would still be on.  I'm not sure if I'll make it or not today though.  Jim is going to be using my "office" to do a tattoo.  Though, I *could* use a different place in the house and use my wifi... and chances are good that the folks he's tattooing would LOVE to watch the Jam.  I guess we'll have to see how the kids are behaving this afteroon and go from there.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.