Re: World-wide Jamm Session

OH and Nao - you can't be any worse than my husband was at the July Jam.  Not that he was aweful, but he was so nervous he just kept "messing" up and starting over.  No one was mean, everyone encouraged him.  It's just like here online.  You should play something.  With all the guitars you've got, I'm sure you can make some type of music - even if it's wrong!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hey very very interesting!!!!myself i'm creating a skype account now!!!!!!!

tubatooter1940 wrote:

I have Skype but need to buy a microphone because my P.C. doesn't have one built-in like some lap tops do.

Here's a relatively inexpensive model that I've used when we had several people in a conference room all using one internet line.  It worked well.  I've been on the other end of it too, and the audio was clear.

http://www.staples.com/Logitech-USB-Des … uct_645264

Here's a USB studio quality mic that I picked up cheap at an on-line auction site.  I've been very pleased with it.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/4 … phone.html

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

nanakwame wrote:

Hey very very interesting!!!!myself i'm creating a skype account now!!!!!!!

That's great.  You'd be welcome.  I haven't seen your name pop up before.  Forgive my ignorance if I'm wrong, but it sounds West African.  They're always such beautiful sounding names from there.  Please let me know your time zone so that I can better plan to include you.

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

If anyone has the Singstar Playstation game, they will have a pair of mics that are not too bad. They have a 3.5mm jack which will plug straight into a laptop or PC. Well, you can plug one in. That's what I'm going to try, anyway! But, will we have to check Google Map/Earth to see where we are in the circle? And where do we put the campfire? Might be best if Zurf makes a list & just shouts out who's next...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I fear that we shall need a small island in the Atlantic to hold our campfire.  It's going to be awfully difficult building an island there, growing the trees, cutting them down and drying them for fuel, and then finding someone to tend the flames.

also, if you have a mic for your Wii (band hero game)... it's usb and should work with a computer!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom,
Thanks for the confidence in my playing. However, i am not as confident and don't really think I'm ready yet. Maybe next time.
dj