Topic: speakers- i need to replace a pair.

I blew a speaker for my PA system.They are old BELL & HOWELL projector speakers.They are the newer ones from the 60s(maybe). They are self contained with a reel with the speaker cables built in.The ultimate in convenience.Each cabinet has a 12 inch speaker in it.What should I replace the speakers with? Has anyone had any experience with these type of speakers.Guitar center doesn`t sell bare speakers,only with cabinets. Any help will be appreciated.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

2 (edited by tubatooter1940 2012-02-21 05:04:56)

Re: speakers- i need to replace a pair.

The larger music stores usually employ a guy to fix amps,speakers etc...and advise you with gear problems. Usually there is one pickup day per week at the store if he works at home or a day when he is there to advise us and make our problems go away.
Call stores and see what day to catch him.

P.S. Sounds like your speakers have bitten the dust. Tell the man what you are using for a driver and he can recommend speakers that match what you have.

toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Re: speakers- i need to replace a pair.

I found a pair at Union Music in Worcester.Electro harmonix that can handle 75 watts each.Since I am only running 150 watts there is no need to go extravagant.I really wanted to keep the cabinets so It will cost me more in the end.I am sure a movie projector doesnt push 150 watts.When I bought the cabinets on ebay I did it with the intention of replacing the speakers.The fact that they lasted almost 2 years without blowing was lucky.Look at bell & howell speaker cabinets on ebay and you can see why I like them.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.