Topic: Guitar Naming

Detman101's post about his NGD made me realize that I have never named a single guitar that I've owned. Not a one.

Do most of you guys (and gals) name your instruments?

Re: Guitar Naming

All my guitars have names, but I do not name them.  I treat them well, and they tell me what it is.

:-|

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

My SG is just "My baby"
Kamen SPS = Road dog (two Aircraft carriers and 4 PCS moves)
Fender 1212 string... yet unnamed.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I've only named one.  Ol' Reliable.  It's my old reliable Yamaha.  Cheap piece of junk, but it stays in tune, sounds OK, and I take it along on all my camping escapades. 

Otherwise they are known as: my Ovation, my fretless, my electric, and the Guild.  But Ol' Relibale is ... Ol' Reliable.  Not much more need be said, I suppose. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

My Rickenbacker is called Rick. My yamaha sj-180 is called Joey. My danelectro silvertone is called Pam,(after my wife).She was my new girlfriend when I bought it in 1985. Two others that I named are gone now.The rest I never gave names to.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I have never named mine either. I'm not opposed to it, just never have.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Only one is named.... My early (not sure of year since its pre serial number) S&P Pro Spruce/EIR is named "Golden Boy".   Named by my wife because she says it has a very beautiful tone...lol   I've only got 2 brands of guitars (3 Simon & Patricks and 3 Yairi's). Well I do have a vintage Epi Jumbo but it's waiting on a neck reset when I get the time...     I keep 2 guitars out at all times, one is always a Yairi in standard tuning and the other is a S&P in Taropatch tuning (open G)... So I always just say the Yairi or the S&P.  I always have a Uke out as well and that is ,of course, "The Uke"  lol  Creative I know wink

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

My guitars ony get a name when I get mad at them and then it is only a temporary thing,I can not tell you the names as most are prohibited at chordie.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Breedlove Master class = Malissa

Breedlove/ Atlas = not named

Ibanez jumbo = Big Red

Taylor electric = not named

My SX strat copy which is plain varnished timber finish has always been 'The Plank', the new Yamaha strat copy is 'Hank', the Melody 12er is 'Mel', the Fender acoustic is 'My Gal' and the Samick Barcelona Classical is as yet un-named.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

The Dot = Carmen, because she's big and red.
Breedlove Atlas = Joy, because... Well duh!
Stingray Bass = THUNDERSTICK!!!
Uke = Mohala ("Blossoming" in Hawaiian)

The lap steel hasn't told me her name yet.  I gotta play her more.  But she's pretty and sits on my lap, so it will come to me soon...  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I never named a guitar but I named my two fists.
I call my left one "Sudden Death" cause when it hits somebody they die.
I can't settle on a name for my right fist because when I hit somebody, they die on the way up and rot on the way down. smile
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Chuck Norris.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude