Topic: West Texas Photos and Music

I saw this and it made me homesick for my years living in west Texas. Great pictures of a place I'm quite fond of, and the music's nice too.

http://player.vimeo.com/video/22132017? … portrait=0

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: West Texas Photos and Music

Nice pic post jets,is he a state of texas photographer? My sister and brother in law lived out there for several years,they moved back to cal about two years ago. I was always impressed the way that the weather would change out there so fast.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

His Facebook page says Wyman Meinzer is a self-employed photograapher/author and adjunct faculty member at Texas Tech. Just some outstanding pictures though that really captures west Texas the way I remember it when I lived there.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hey Jet, that ain't West Texas.  Go out West to Odessa, Monahanes, Grandfalls, Ft. Stockton that West Texas.  You won't see a lake, waterfalls, trees or flowers.  Thats my home area.

! Corinthians 15:1-4

Nice pictures.  i lived in Stanton Texas when I was a kid.  Didn't look like that.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Not a single oil well or Fracking operation to be seen?  this was made to fool ppl into going to west texas.  Sonnya is correct. Drive I-10 through Ft.Stockton, taint nuthing but brown rock and beat up catus.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Well in my experience, west Texas is pretty freaking big as I remember. I have been all around there and seen it from Alpine and Big Bend National Park on up to Amarillo. I lived in San Angelo from 1992-1997 and I remember most all of settings like Mr. Meinzer has in his books, although some are more like the hill country. Mr. Meinzer lives in Benjamin which is about halfway beteen Lubbock and Ft Worth where 114 crosses 6 and I don't think he is trying to fool anybody. If you google Wyman Meinzer you'll find his web site with all his books and he has a bunch with some very pretty pictures, and even som of that brown rock and beat up cactus you mention. Sonnya, if you are saying San Angelo's not west Texas I would have to disagree with you, and I am sure a lot of folks living around the Concho Valley who would as well. Beamer, if you have a problem with Mr. Meinzer's book feel free to take it up with him, but I for one don't. I enjoyed my time living there although I was not fond of drinking the water in the Midland/Odessa area. I still have friends who live there who would come to Virginia and give me a hand if I ever needed it. Sometimes living there can be harsh. I remember all the lightning storms and I made it through a pretty bad tornado back in the spring of 1996 (been a while so that is just a guess).

J  E  T  S

8 (edited by Roger Guppy 2012-01-11 21:38:48)

Thanks for sharing the video clip. The pictures are amazing. I have never been to Texas but I would love to visit this wonderful state. I would love to visit a area with lots of flowers because I just love plants. I think if I would live in an area with no flowers or trees I would use a flowery delivery every day in order to even have flowers at home. Would love to see more such clips because the music is also great.

**Edited by RG to remove spam link**

oyber33 wrote:

Thanks for sharing the video clip. The pictures are amazing. I have never been to Texas but I would love to visit this wonderful state. I would love to visit a area with lots of flowers because I just love plants. I think if I would live in an area with no flowers or trees I would use a flowery delivery every day in order to even have flowers at home. Would love to see more such clips because the music is also great.

**Edited by RG to remove spam link**

You want to visit Texas in the spring time then. I enjoy the hill country, but you will find the bluebonnets blooming all over the state. Texas can get a little short of green though. I remember all of those summers of getting cooked and seeing brown grass.

J  E  T  S