Topic: Wish me luck-snapping out of this burnout

I am buying a lap steel this weekend hoping a different guitar will get me out of this rut.Havent played for over a month.Pretty much disbanded what was left of the band.So wish me luck.Hopefully this will inject some vigor into my playing.Also:any advice on playing one will help.Thanx in advance

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Wish me luck-snapping out of this burnout

Cool.  That ought to do it.  If it doesn't, feel free to send me all of your Martins and Gibsons.  I'll be gentle with them.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hey Zurf.You can have all of them.All 0 of them.Don`t have any.Now getting ready to go to Rhode Island to pick it up. 60.00 with legs,case and slide.For that much I can`t go wrong.It`s a rogue.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

jjj,have fun with your new project hope it brings you alot of fun.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

5 (edited by naolslager 2011-12-18 13:29:07)

J3, try NOT playing for a week or so. I've often read this helps and, in fact, I just completed a week-long hiatus due to a business trip sans guitar. And when I got back to playing it seemed as if it was all new but I was actually better?

Did you get the new lap steel yet?  Pictures are mandatory (though I failed to comply with that when I bought my own last year).  I'm eager to hear how you're enjoying it.  Are you going to go old style Country or try something crazy like lap steel version of Hawaiian slack key?  I've got a slide and have been thinking of tuning Ol' Reliable to open A for some blues, but I'm still learning scales and arpeggios in regular tuning. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I got it.I don`t know how to put pictures on(or else you would have seen my ugly mug by now).Ive been trying to find chords in standard tuning for it.So far it is fun and I am looking forward to trying it on my Peavey vyper.Right now the holidays are keeping me busy.My idea is to try my daughters death metal pedal on it.Ive been playing for 30 years and it`s like learning all over again.One thing I noticed is I can play it left handed.I`m a lefty but I play righty.(didn`t know there was such thing as a left handed guitar when I started).So far it looks like fun.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I don`t know how to put pictures on(or else you would have seen my ugly mug by now).

Amy wrote these easy to follow instructions a while ago: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14150

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"