Topic: Be careful,christmas is coming

Christmas is coming.It never ceases to amaze me how much overpriced junk is for sale on craigslist.People trying to cash in on someone`s elses good intentions. I have posted on craigslist(and was flagged every time) for peop[le to be careful if they don`t know what they are buying.How many times do you see an epi. being sold as a gibson or a squier being sold as a fender and overpriced on top of that.My favorite was an epiphone Les Paul in upton,mass. for 1200.00.The ad said 2500.00 new.I always stress to do research or bring someone with experience.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Be careful,christmas is coming

JJJ,glad too see you are watching out on craigslist,I know some years ago at the Guitar center buy me the salesman there where selling many guitars and other items to beginners and there parents way overpriced. I do not know if they still do it as I go straight too the acoustic room or goright in and grab and pay for what I want.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

3 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2011-11-30 09:29:20)

Re: Be careful,christmas is coming

I have actually never had a problem with GC Dino.But I also went in knowing what to buy and not to buy.I  stay away from box sets.I don`t know if they are good or bad.They come with extra pieces I already have or don`t need.My reasoning is,the price for all the extras in the box set can buy a better guitar in the first place.Also,I compare guitars to flea market tools.The set of  wrenches for 5 dollars says 100.00 on the bag.It is still a 5 dollar set.A yamaha fg-335bl.99.00 at guitar center.The ad said 400.00 value.Common sense tells me that any store is not going to sell a 400.00 guitar for 99.00.This is where craigslist comes in.I always see yamaha 335s for sale.Always more than 100.00.They always say they paid a fortune for the same guitar new.Unfortunately,this is where someone with experience comes in.Just to let someone know if they are getting taken.Look at craigslist any where and you will see what I mean.ALSO:the reason I know about the 335bl is because my daughter bought me one for fathers day 2 years ago.I will have it set up one day because it is a 99 dollar guitar. It said 400.00 value

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.