1 (edited by dino48 2011-11-29 01:52:48)

Topic: Old guitar strings.

Awile back someone asked what can you do with old strings,no one really had a good answer. I got a catalog in the mail with xmas and other items in it,and they had a bracelet in there made of Piano strings. I took a new guitar string and found it will go around the wrist also. I think when I re-string I will paint some and drill holes in them too put stuff on them guess you could really get creative with them. I can give them too my grandaughters.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Old guitar strings.

just be careful of the ends. I've ruined a practice session or two by stabbing myself with an e or b string.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps the ball ends on a string would be safer for a bracelet or necklace, they are usually chrome or brass but D'Addario has some fancy coloured ones. Mind you you would need a awful lot.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Old guitar strings make great picture hangers. Use an ice pick and put a hole in both sides of a picture frame, screw in two eye screws and use an old guitar string to bridge across.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I've used old strings as fishing leaders. Cut to length,twist a couple of loops and solder. Works great.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

I once used a B string to unclog a tiny little hole on a gas stove.One of the burners didnt work and it had a clogged jet.That was when I gave the repairman a string.I told him he could keep it.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Haha! so many uses! I've made a couple of bracelets. I think they're pretty cute. smile You just have to bend the Bs and Es to where they won't poke ya. You can buy colored jewelry wire and wrap some of that around too.

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I once used a B string to unclog a tiny little hole on a gas stove.

In the same vein (sp?) they also work wonders on the microslots in the tubes of the gas manifold on a grill.  A wire brush just doesn't cut it.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.