1 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2011-09-25 15:21:07)

Topic: BAD LANGUAGE

Without getting into details and for future reference.What is considered taboo or bad language on chordie?.I try to keep my posts clean and want to continue to do so.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: BAD LANGUAGE

Joey, I would say use your own judgement. If talking to a friend, you may use different words to describe something, or talking to a stranger. I would say right off the top, the f-word would be out of the question. We aren't prudish, but not savages either. Just my .02.

If there were no guitars, everyone would have to sing a capella.

You cannot say "*%($" or "$#&+" or "%)1!$**4$" AND NEVER SAY "<=#%$**@^$%"

Nela

I would say approach Chordie as you would talk to a child. Unless you're a sailor and don't care at all, then I think you're fine.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not religous but am respectful of it and I always judge what I type by that...  If I wouldn't say it in a church, I don't say it here...  However chordie does have a censoring feature and most unacceptable language has been cataloged. So if someone tries to post a word that's been deemed unfit it is changed automatically when the post is made.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Well, dag nabbit, I have to watch what I say now?  What is this world coming to?  Being around the military literally all my life, I have let the bad language take over my vocabulary, but I also know when it is acceptable and when it is not.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

A good rule of thumb is if a word is not fit to use in the presence of the first lady of your country then it is not fit for Chordie.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I always thought if you hear it on regular t.v. before 9 pm it wasnt swearing.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Roger Guppy wrote:

A good rule of thumb is if a word is not fit to use in the presence of the first lady of your country then it is not fit for Chordie.

Roger

I was gonna say something but never mind.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Roger Guppy wrote:

Roger

So what are you saying Roger?  Anything goes? smile

Now available in 5G !

Roger Guppy wrote:

Roger

Doesn't work in the UK Rog, we had Bliars missus, Cherie, for too many years so pretty much anything went come the end of the thieving, money grabbing, lying, murdering, war mongers term. Mind you, the fact that she looks like The Joker didn't help.

The lovely Sam Cameron though is another kettle of fish!

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Buzzwagon wrote:
Roger Guppy wrote:

Roger

Doesn't work in the UK Rog, we had Bliars missus, Cherie, for too many years so pretty much anything went come the end of the thieving, money grabbing, lying, murdering, war mongers term. Mind you, the fact that she looks like The Joker didn't help.

The lovely Sam Cameron though is another kettle of fish!

Jerry

You are forgetting, the first lady in the UK is the Queen and imagine the look that you would get using bad language before her. You would probably be sent to the tower or be beheaded for such an offence lol.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

13 (edited by Buzzwagon 2011-09-26 10:37:54)

Oh, good point! How could I forget the Queen!!! I shall resign my citizenship immediately wink

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Joey... just try to keep it clean... nothing you'd say in front of little trouts or ladies and I think you'll be fine wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I guess its just down to what you see on the forums tbh - its a guitar site, so I dont see why you'd need to, but heyy: thats just my opinion xD

'The journey maybe long, but in the end, its only with your trusty guitars'
Chordiehelper123  =p