Topic: HURRICANE IRENE FIZZLED OUT

I lucked out.It was still a bad storm but not as bad as predicted.Didnt get a drop of water in my playing area.Now I can sleep good tonight knowing my family and equipment is safe.(IN THAT ORDER).The house can be replaced.My family cant

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: HURRICANE IRENE FIZZLED OUT

We kept our fingers crossed and a prayer or two for all you friends in the path of the storm the last couple of days.  Pleased to see that mother nature decided to wind it down a bit before it got around to the major metro areas. 
Still feeling sorry for all those that weren't as fortunate and have a bit of cleanup to do and are grieving for those few who were lost in the path.  It could have been a lot worse.

Check in everyone as soon as you are able and let us know how you fared.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

We're good here.  My brother who lives much closer to the shore is also fine.  We were worried about him.  They're without power, but they've got a ton of coolers filled with essentials and a full tank of propane on the grill.  So they're fine. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

glad too see you escaped safely,sounds like the storm did not hit too hard.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

we are getting the backlash from it,high wind and heavy thunderstorms,scotland seems to be getting the brunt of it though some flooding,cant control it so we have to live with it.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

We got little more than a drizzly day yesterday.  The wind picked up a couple times but that's about it.  Some low lying areas prone to flooding are having issues... but Central NY is good over all.  We did have an AWESOME PINK sunset last night as we said goodnight to Irene.  I hope our friends closer to NYC are faring well.  We do have family in NC - Wilmington area, they are without power still I believe, but have a generator and gas which they are using sparingly now.  I pray all Chordians are safe and "dry enough"!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.