Topic: Discount box-clearance box or shelf

Ever notice how music stores have a shelf or box full of discontinued or items they dont sell anymore dirt cheap.I love looking through those boxes.That is how I get most of my strings.Last week I found the ultimate find in one of those boxes.A  SEIKO QUARTZ TUNER. I bought one in 1982 and it served me well until february.In the past 6 months I have spent a lot of money trying to find a replacement tuner.None were what I liked.Call me old but I loved the old  quartz tuner..I don`t know or care if it was used or not.It works great and it only cost $8.99.The one I bought in 1982 was $30.00.No matter how you look at it, I scored big time. When it comes to tuners,this was like hitting the lottery or finding the holy grail.Hopefully I will get another 29 years out of this one.If I find another one I will buy it and hold on to it.I cant find them anywhere and now I have another.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Discount box-clearance box or shelf

Thats really a great buy/find jjj, I also have a Seiko Quartz Tuner and I bought it in 1982 Model#st-366. I got it when I bought my 82 ovation,it cost me alot more than $8.99. Mine is still working great.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman