Topic: Monthly accountability notice - 238.5

Somehow or other, even with the massive pigging out I did during Normtheguitar's visit, I lost four more pounds (or just shy of that) last month AND I broke the 240 barrier that has been plague-ing me.  Goal of 220 expected and 210 desired remains the same, and also the approach of not dieting but trying to keep it a lifestyle approach. 

My annual physical exam is due this month.  Hopefully the health issues that caused me to attempt weight loss from last year will be resolved with the weight lost over the past year.  It's not as much as I'd have liked, but I am also leaner with all the exercise and that may mean something.  Or not.  It's always a surprise when the objective numbers and facts bump up against subjective perception. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

2 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2011-08-01 12:07:48)

Re: Monthly accountability notice - 238.5

Congratulations on the weight loss.But i have an extremely stupid question Zurf.What kind of scale do you use.My health-o-meter gives different readings depending on where it is in the house.I can weigh 210 one time and a foot away weigh 230.I keep trying but food tastes too good.I was 160 when I quit smoking the first time.If I had a scale that was accurate that would help.Mine is a piece of you know what

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I have a digital scale of whatever brand was a reasonable price at Bed, Bath and Beyond when my wife bought it.  I think it uses a force-meter rather than standard springs.  Springs can give inaccurate readings as they wear, which is why there's a mechanism for calibrating them.  Also, be sure to use the scale on a hard surface.  Any kind of give in the floor or any kind of padding or carpet will cause an inaccurate reading. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Way to go Zurf!  I, for one, have battled my weight my entire life and am sooooooo proud of anyone who makes positive strides to get theirs under control.  Any decrease, no matter how small is great and I applaud you for your persistence.  Keep up the efforts for they reward YOU in the end game.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

thanx zurf.I will have to get one.It may not sat what Iwant it to but it will tell the truth.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Lets face it Zurf.  You're a loser. smile Keep up the good work and good luck reaching those goals.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

wtg man!

Loser, as in weight man.  I thought someone might misunderstand me.  My dry sense of humor gets me in trouble sometimes.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

Loser, as in weight man.  I thought someone might misunderstand me.  My dry sense of humor gets me in trouble sometimes.

I understood you and thought it was humorous.  No blood, no foul. 

- Zurf

I figured you would.  I got to thinking afterwards and thought I would explain so there would be no one, saying, That bensonp sure has a brass set."  Or something like that.

Wow that bensonp sure has a brass set!   Kidding!  Congrats Zurf keep up the good work.. I'm doing the No-Carb thing myself (read Low Carb). So far its working for me and the missus but I miss the beer and pizza.  On the other hand, I've developed a new appreciation for vodka and gin!  smile

Now available in 5G !

Wine also has no carbs.  Y'know.  Just saying.

As much as I want to agree with your excellent wine/carb argument,  I'm having a hard time getting the wife on board.  She keeps bringing up these annoyingly pesky facts that I have to try to shoot down with an array of distractions shrouded in smoke and mirrors but she has these special goggles that allow her to see through my thickly veiled attempts.  Very annoying.

Now available in 5G !

Less than 1g per glass in many cases.  Check it out. 

http://www.carbohydrate-counter.org/bev … mp;fg=1400

- Zurf

Way to go zurf!

All You Need is Love smile

LOL. That's right, Tandm3.  The wives are good at coming up with compelling reasons for everything.  Bless their hearts.

Bless their hearts... You know in the South, that's almost a curse.  Like,.. "She had that motor red-lined when she backed out of the driveway and killed her mother-in-law.... Bless her heart.."

Now available in 5G !

Good work, Mr Z. It must have been something to do with the extensive wine tasting that we undertook, that somehow cancelled out the food and beer. Or something like that...
Now, where is that corkscrew?

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Congrats man!
Keep up the great work!

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle