Topic: Life changing quotes

In one post I said how 6 words changed my outlook on playing.It doesnt apply just to playing.All it takes is a simple statement to change ones outlook.An interview with Billy Graham on 20/20 did it for me.Having a history of substance abuse makes it difficult  to meet my own expectations sometimes.In this interview he said"just try to live a good clean life and you will be just fine".That did it for me.Knowing full well I will never be an angel.That statement put some light at the end of the tunnel.Now I know not to set my limits too high.Just getting through the day is good enough for me.My cup is half full,not half empty.19 years clean and sober helps too.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Life changing quotes

Congratulations on maintaining your sobriety Triple J. 

For me, I think, there are too many to list them all.  I take a little from here and a little from there and put it all together.  It seems that a lot of them came from my grandfather, whom I called Pap-pap.  He died when I was about eight years old, but I still remember him with great fondness. 

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer."
"If it won't go, don't force it." 

I have spent a great deal of my life trying to know when to use which approach. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I laugh about it now,but my father used to always say" f*%@ing Joey,your going to give me a heart attack someday"Well he died of a heart attack in 1984.I wasn`t a bad kid but I was a wise ass.It took a long time to get over that quote.Thanks to his strict rules and not taking any S#@& from me.I never got arrested or into any kind of trouble.Even with the drugs and alcohol.Thanks dad.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

There's a small monument in Northern France to a group of young men who died during the 1st World War. The men were from the Devonshire regiment and they were buried in their trench where they fell. The the plaque says, "The Devonshire's held this trench. They hold it still".

To me it says everything about mans indomitable spirit in the face of great adversity and I always think of it whenever things aren't going right. Brave, brave men. Still brings a lump to my throat!

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

I think it's great you have that many years sobriety,a hard goal for most jjj.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman