Topic: Old guy is rocking.

At the open mic last night, JETS60 kicked it off.  Then a woman he knew well played.  They both did great.  Each have reached a certain age.  Then a whole series of extremely talented college age or just past musicians played.  What they played was somewhat mellow and of the alt rock style.  People listened and and least JETS60, Normtheguitar, and I were duly impressed.  Then it was Normtheguitar's turn at the mic.  He seemed a bit daunted having to follow the extreme talent and musicianship we had just enjoyed.  After a mild introduction he started in on his first of four songs.  He was WAILING.  Just awesome.  Normtheguitar was the first musician of the night who had folks singing along, dancing, doing air guitar and generally rocking out. 

There was a young, tattooed, spike haired woman sitting between me and the stage.  I noticed her taking a picture of Paul on her iPhone, which I thought odd being that we had just met 1/2 hour earlier when she and her friends sat down to share our table.  Then I noticed that she sent the picture as a Tweet to her friends and the message was, "Old guy is rocking!"

Now, being a contemporary of mine, I mildly object to her characterization "old"; however, I wholeheartedly agree with her assessment.  Normtheguitar was ROCKING. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Old guy is rocking.

Hey Zurf - Truly was a great time. Paul/Normtheguitar was just totally kicking it good. He finished up with a brilliant cover of Behind Blue Eyes that would have done Pete Townshen proud. I was impressed. Can't wait for the weekend and all the music around the campfire.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Sounds like you guys had a great time.  Enjoy the weekend.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Rock it good guys,you are all lucky you live somewhat close too each other.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I agree....might be the start of a annual Chordie get together. Would be nice. Maybe pick another place next year as well.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

It sounds like a fine start to a great weekend. I will now go and sulk as I shall not be there. sad

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:

It sounds like a fine start to a great weekend. I will now go and sulk as I shall not be there. sad

Roger

Hey Roger - Your always with me when I pick up my guitar my friend.

J  E  T  S

jets60 wrote:

I agree....might be the start of a annual Chordie get together. Would be nice. Maybe pick another place next year as well.

Flora-bama Bar anyone??

Now available in 5G !

I feel like roger,glad it's happening but it's painfull that we can not join in on all  the fun.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

That was a great evening - thanks for arranging it for me, Jets & Zurf! I was indeed a little daunted to follow the talented young 'uns. Also, as I mentioned to the audience (in a shameless attempt to gain the pity vote), I couldn't see my words/music too well AND it was way past my bedtime. May also have mentioned that I had come all the way from England just to play at Jimmy's! Anyway, I just did my usual stuff and had no real idea how it was going until it was over! But "Old Guy is Rocking" has to be my best review ever!!
I would certainly be interested in a Florida get together too - preferably in the British winter!
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

curious... what months are your worst for winter there?

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

MKM - Jan/Feb are usually the worst, followed by March/November/December. But December is usually an expensive time to go to Florida, anyway. Would like to take the whole family (as we have never been to Florida), so there is also school to consider!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic