Topic: I can't see worth a darn.

I'm going to HAVE to start memorizing music because it's so darn hard to see.  The music, as I have things set up now, is at just that perfect point that it's too far to see with reading glasses and too close to see without.  Grrrrrrr.

I'm practicing for the July River Jam.  Paul's (Normtheguitar) plane has just landed.  He's got to wind through our crazy airport and get through Customs, so I was trying to grab a few minutes between work and leaving to pick him up and became frustrated with my eyes. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: I can't see worth a darn.

Zurf I have the same vision problems and they prescribed a gradual lens it is three separate fields of vision correction also eye surgery (lazer) is an option no glasses are required after but it costs several hundred per eye smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Zurf......time for bifocals or trifocals!!!!!! I feel your pain.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Or varifocals which I find a great hep.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Progressive lenses - bottom for reading, center for computer, top for distance. Growing old sux.

I have many friends who did the lasik thing several years ago and are now back in glasses. Sad thing, eyesight continues to deteriorate as we age. I guess the alternative (not aging) is a worse solution. smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Been wearing tri-focal glasses for several years, now. Went the contact route for a while which helped me with distance but not worth caca upclose. No lines, progressive lenses works well. Give um a try.

nela

I don't know how you're set up, but you can try a sheet magnifier. It's like a flat paper size magnifying glass.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been wearing line free variable lenses for many years.  Today I was wearing my contacts, which means reading glasses.  I see much better with my contacts usually, except apparently for music.  It is all a blur. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

variable lenses are what I wear.Not that I have a choice.After a while reading glasses just didnt cut it.They did for reading but not for seeing.I did put up a fight until I was 44.Then I had to admit defeat and buy reading glasses.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

FONT size "your age"!  The gals that play at the local open mic use a cardboard for their tab about 2 feet wide.  It's a hit!

I find that having vision trouble is actually a blessing whenever I look in a mirror........................

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed wrote:

I find that having vision trouble is actually a blessing whenever I look in a mirror........................

Don't worry Dirty Ed.  Mirrors don't work.  I know this because whenever I look in a mirror there is a stranger there.  It's some old, tired looking, bald guy with a gray beard instead of the vigorous young man I know myself to be.

13 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2011-07-13 19:59:14)

this trick works.Look at the mirror from the non-reflective side and see the difference.I look great from that side.Try it.It works for me.You know i am telling the truth because my pants arent on fire

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.