Topic: Oh no! GAS meets Opportunity

While in the midst of extreme GAS I just "found" a Larrivee OM-02 which is an evil temptress. If the guy calls me back I will likely be a goner. I have been eyeing the OMs for quite a while and in particular the OM-3 but always just out of my range. The 02 is out of my sweet spot range but within striking distance. Comes with HSC and misc accessories.

Next problem: How do I sneak it into the house?

Re: Oh no! GAS meets Opportunity

"Honey!  I bought you a day at the spa!  Go get your feet rubbed."

Oldest trick in the book.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Just get it.  You deserve it.  Worry about the argument later.  And do what jerome says.  Good luck.  We want to see pictures before the week is out.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I have taken the strategy of discussing everything she buys in terms of how many guitars that would have bought.

"That couch? I coulda bought two guitars for that!"

Sometimes it even works.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

5 (edited by naolslager 2011-06-28 19:32:28)

Really the "introduction" of a new guitar is not a problem. My wife has been more than understanding.

The seller has contacted me and I might be able to inspect the guitar today. In hopeful anticipation of what I know will happen if I get my hands on it I've listed two of the herd on Craig's List for sale. My guitar inventory is in constant flux but I do keep the "keepers".

Selling off a 1-2 will make ME feel better. Don't worry I am not approaching zero.

6 (edited by naolslager 2011-06-29 10:50:07)

One asynchronous contact with the seller (email) but no meeting yet. Hopefully today. Meanwhile I think I've sold one of the guitars I listed on CL yesterday. If so I have the necessary funds (without dipping into the bank account) for the Larrivee. When these events line up like this I just know I am making the right decision. Someone IS watching over me! Wish me luck.

No further contact from the seller. I suspect cold feet. I certainly understand that.

Get us all worked up.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

In case he does call back, I believe Topdown had the best advice on a similar subject from a couple of years ago.  He said,

" I tell my wife "You spend more at the hairdresser in a year than this guitar costs, now go make me a sammich".

I'm still laughing about that one.

Now available in 5G !

I rember that tandem,I think topdown put it out there good.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

11 (edited by naolslager 2011-06-30 11:00:42)

Contact. BUT last night I spent some time with my new (old) Seagull S6 Mahogany Spruce and boy oh boy it sounds good. I got to wondering what the Larrivee could offer being built from essentially the same materials, having the same binding, satin finish, etc and at twice what I paid for the Seagull. Maybe I am having some pre-emptive buyer's remorse. As much as I want(ed) an OM, maybe the good old Seagull dread is already answering the call?

I'd rather not "duplicate" an existing guitar. Decisions, decisions. So maybe someone is trying to tell me something?

tandm3 wrote:

In case he does call back, I believe Topdown had the best advice on a similar subject from a couple of years ago.  He said,

" I tell my wife "You spend more at the hairdresser in a year than this guitar costs, now go make me a sammich".

I'm still laughing about that one.

Didn't I hear that Top got remarried a couple months back???

It was just a rumour....

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:
tandm3 wrote:

Thats gold hahaha i think i'll try that one wink

Steve.

Mother nature can throw so much destruction at us.....But why does she always reward us with such beauty.

This guitar lead has grown cold. I suppose the seller has already done so or has changed his mind. Disappointing.

The seller contacted me. He is traveling? Why post something for sale and leave town? The suspense is killing me BUT it does give me time to build the guitar fund in anticipation of a purchase. My 12-string is for sale. And this was done with a heavy heart but I've been hunting an OM for about a year now.

I didn't see the 12 string in the Chordie sale forum.  I've been wanting a 12 string, but things are a bit tight right now.  I've had to do some unexpected traveling and dipped deep to help out a friend in need.  He'll pay me back, but it could take a few years given how the economy is sucking wind right now.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Just take some beano and wait for it, naolslager.

18 (edited by naolslager 2011-07-09 01:03:19)

Pete, you are funny.

Got a nibble on the 12-string!

The sale of my 12-string is pending today. If successful I will have sufficient money in my guitar fund to pursue the Larrivee OM-02 in earnest. But now I’m thinking its construction, mahogany and spruce, will yield a sound not too different from my Seagull S6 Mahogany Spruce rendering them near-duplicates. And for twice the price!

I plan to take the Seagull with me when I go to look at the Larrivee so I can compare. In the past I’d just charge in there and buy the thing but now – after a year of looking – I am considering caution? What is wrong with me?

In the meantime I have decided the 12-string (distraction and novelty) has to go.

I know, another DJ soliloquy.

Make up your mind, get a guitar you like (none are perfect) and GET BACK TO PLAYING.

Then find me a solid cedar topped dreadnaught or folk body style in perfect condition (except maybe for signatures of James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Jimmy Buffett, and Bonnie Raitt) for $20.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf,
I'm all over it!
dj

Sold the 12-string for my asking price. And I would be all ready to purchase the Larrivee but the guy who bought my guitar had a Silver Creek T-160 he offered to me for 8 rolls of Quarters. I could not pass this up.

Now what? GET BACK TO PLAYING I SUPPOSE.

Heck of a deal for $80! Congrats!   

We don't have pricing policies on this forum wink

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

24 (edited by naolslager 2011-07-10 21:25:58)

Guitarpix,
Thanks for the tip on the "pricing policy". It's always painful trying to talk around the price.

Before I could even show him my guitar - which is the reason we were meeting - he was telling me he had something I would like: The Silver Creek. Of course, just last week me and half of America were debating the purchase of one such guitar from MF for a sale price of $179. We'll I think I beat that price and although I didn't want a shiny guitar - I prefer satin finishes _ I must say this is worth every Quarter I paid. And to think, not too long ago, I bought an old Yamaha SJ-180 (all-laminate) for the same price. Of course I was able to sell it at 2X.

So now I have an OOO/OM guitar (I know there's a difference) and I am wondering do I need the Larrivee. Of course the answer is NEED has NOTHING to do with it.

Today was a red-letter day!

Playing the SC now with a BIG grin. I still cannot believe this deal.