Topic: SWITCHING TITLES (+"ADD") IN "MY SONGBOOK"

1. how does one assign the "default" songbook for  "ADD"
2. when I change between my songbooks, in the "ADD" box (=change the dot to another one of my songbook titles) it won't add to the "new" (selected by dot) songbook.

THANKS TO YOU ALL AT CHORDIE -HAVING ACCESS TO THE CHORDS FOR ALL OF THE SONGS I HAVE EVER LOVED IS CATHARTIC AND SATISFYING!

2 (edited by arkady 2011-05-18 17:24:40)

Re: SWITCHING TITLES (+"ADD") IN "MY SONGBOOK"

Hi austin marlon
I don't think you change the default "My Songbook" for one of a diiferent title one you've added with name you created. You can change the name if you want but but book can't be deleted and remains the default book. I'm not sure why you want to as all the songs can be moved around to whatever Songbook you want.
Not sure what your asking with the 2nd question sorry.
ark

RIGHT -I GET IT -rather than route from ADD -just send to "song book" -then edit/copy/transfer around.
Thanks,
marlon

hmm, just learning my way around -thanks for all help.
Let me clarify/add to my query:
The "My Songbook" section is the repository for songs I "ADD" (=ADD Box on any viewed song) -right?
1. Is there a limit on the number of songs carried in My Songbook? 100 total? -then i make my own/as many as i like (sub)lists using these songs (?) -by copying and moving ?
I have 100 songs in one of my renamed list -and i can"t seem to add any more songs to any of my (other) lists -nor can i add any more songs to the list.
2. for editing and making a hard copy songbook = better to use the chordpro format (=chordpro button) -then use 3rd party software to edit and generate print options -right?
3. (i read some of the threads/sticking my hand into the hornet's nest) -will chordie ever have the edit feature (again)?
FINALLY
4. is there a place in the forum/FAQ which articulates the legal and copyright issues at hand?

Thanks for all,
Marlon

Hello A.M.  To answer question #1, 100 songs in a songbook is max. What I have done is have several song books.
eg: Bushy's mix, Bushy's accoustic, Bushy's rock, Bushy's xmas carols.  Hope this helps.
I am unable to help you out with questions #2 and #3 but I am sure someone will come along and offer advice.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

just love to play

When you are in My Songbooks, when one is full (100) you make a sedcond songbook, but you have to make the second one the primary songbook by clicking the new book on the left side.  Then when you add the next time it should go into the one set as primary.  I think.  Anyway, welcome

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hi Marlon
1st question this is what works for me If you have a song you want to add to a particular songbook it does'nt have to be the default "Songbook"
In the "Songbook add" section next to the song there is an option to change the book to whatever one you want the song to go as long as there's less than 100 songs in the book.
This should work if doesn't then I'm not sure why.
As said there seems to be a limit of 100 songs.
I'm not sure why you can't move song around your books when they are not full.
I'm afraid the edit option seems to be out for the forseeable future though it maybe reinstated it's up to the creator of the site. Ther best option is to edit outside as you said yourself with chopro etc.
There's no FAQ which shed light on the copyright issues. It just a pain the proverial which we all have to live with.....
ark

THANKS TO ALL! Arkady -you're everywhere.
...now if i can just make a consistent "F" chord ...my life will be complete.