Topic: Capos

First off, let me say, my goal is not to support or advertise a certain manufacturer of Capos.  I started out by using the type of capo that had the elastic band that wrapped around the back of the neck and was not at all easy to use.  Since then, I've moved on to the "alligator jaw" type capo that is two pieces of metal held together with a hinge and a spring (ie: Kyser and others).  Is there a better capo option out there or is this as good as it gets?

Now available in 5G !

Re: Capos

Well there are always the old standby, Shubb.  Been around like forever and are easy to put on and adjust.  The only drawback to this design is that you have to find a place to put the thing when not in use.  You adjust the tension for the neck, and usually that setting is too loose to "park" it anywhere else besides on the fretboard.... I've "misplaced" two or three of the darn things over the years, until I switched to a Dunlop.  Shubb capos work well and are available in various radius arcs to fit whatever you are playing, so choose wisely.

Oh Yeah, try before you buy!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

3 (edited by zguitar 2011-05-13 02:59:58)

My first capo was the elastic thing too way back when. Like Doug I have a Dunlop trigger capo. I like it. It's not too big and I clip it on top of the headstock when not in use. If I ever need another one I might try the Shubb, it's so small and unobtrusive.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

For me Jim Dunlop. I've got 2 and they are great

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I use a Kyser its very reliable for both acoustic and electric smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"