Topic: just curious

If I look at the chordian list, it seems that there are more guitar players from the south, like Alabama, tenessee.... Is this correct???

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: just curious

Not sure, Doc. There seems to be a lot of people interested in making music here in the Southeast. Guitars, boats, bars and beaches appear to have a positive correlation.
Lots of soulful players come from around here.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I don't know either, but a lot of good players come from the south.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I have noticed that also,there are only a few members here from california and we have the largest population in the union. One state seems too produce more players writers, singers and bands and that is texas!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Well,... Here goes............ I suggest that Tubatooter and myself sponsor a Chordie Southern Guitar Playing Symposium at the Flora-bama Bar on any date we can all agree on !!

Now available in 5G !

ya'll know all the words to "You Don't Even Call Me By My Name" don'cha?

Now available in 5G !

Good idea tandm3,wish I was closer.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

tandm3 wrote:

Well,... Here goes............ I suggest that Tubatooter and myself sponsor a Chordie Southern Guitar Playing Symposium at the Flora-bama Bar on any date we can all agree on !!

I'm with you on that, Tandm3. They have open mikes on Sundays.
I was down there at the Flora-Bama with a out of town guest this weekend. The place constantly is changing shape.
They pitched a tent over the hurricane damage and set up a bar and some tables and the bawdy music never stops.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I haven't been there since last summer but am anxious to get back..Tuba's right. This is not a place to bring your young'uns.  I've seen too many wide eyed 13 year-olds go blind when the great grandma at table 2 decided to remove all the clothing above her waist at the beckoning of whoever happened to be playing the guitar.  But other than that, its a great bar!

Now available in 5G !

Sound likeit would be fun I could watch grandma at table 2,