Re: Picks Around the World

Jeff, do we know how many miles it has traveled thus far?

Would be really cool if it hit every continent on the globe!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

zguitar - I keep a spreadsheet based upon the mileage shown on the google map - it shows 72,449 miles to date (through aquacash). I know there are chordie members from throughout the globe, but truly a small percentage of users visit the forum. I agree, it would be cool to see the package visit some more exotic locations!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Just took it to the shipping center.

Fantastic, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

A small box turned up this morning!! I'm putting off opening it until I finish work, (even Mrs Buzz is excited!). First to post or email me gets it next.

Jerry

Jerry - Could you please post or email me a more specific location (more specific than UK) so that I may update the map.

Thanks.

Come on then ladies and gents, let's keep this going, I've put some good stuff in so whoever wants it next get in touch.

Jerry

The picks are off on their way again, they'll be leaving for the Algarve in Portugal on Monday morning.

Enjoy Roger

Jerry

Thanks to Jerry I have now a box (this used to be a jiffy bag) with loads of goodies inside. I have CD's to copy and all sorts of stuff to look through, what a change since the first time I had it. Well worth a second look for you guys that had it early on like I did.

Whoever would like it next please email me and it is first come, first served wink.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Well that did not take long. There is a new recipient for the box of goodies but it will take me a few days to sift through it before forwarding it on.

It will be heading back across the pond but as for who it is going to............................... well my lips are sealed wink.

Roger

There was so much in the box and with Christmas as well, I was later posting the pick and things on than I intended. Anyway I posted them on Wednesday so they are on their way back across the pond.

Roger

Just bumping up this post.

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Well, Roger did such a good job keeping the intended recipient a secret that he didn't even tell ME it was coming!  WHAT A NICE SURPRISE to find a box of goodies waiting for me at the post office (my hubby thought it was his ink for his tattoo shop and was excited, then let down, then excited again when he sorted through it with me!).

It'll take me a bit as well to go through everything and check out some of these CD's and figure out something wonderful to add to it (perhaps a secret song just for the box????), but for whomever would like it next go ahead and send along an email to me!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

And we have a taker! I will update soon with some pics of Picks and let everyone know when its back out of NY!  smile

Almost 18 months and the package is still on the move! Roger to Amy added roughly 3,500 miles for a total of 82,902. Map is updated:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q& … 87&z=2

Amy - give us a clue - is the package going to a new recipient? Looking forward to seeing the pics of Picks smile

Sorry guys... I've been holding onto the package for a bit here... my son was using some of the learning dvd's in there and I didn't want to just take any of them out and not put them back in.  Also, I've wanted to add something of some sort of value to the box before just sending it back out (other than just a couple more picks as it's become QUITE more than just a package of pics now!!).  I expect this will be going out sometime this week (by Thursday is my plan) to the next lucky chordian. 

Jeff... I do believe this is going to a NEW recipient!  smile  At least... I think so looking at the growing list on the print out!  smile  I'll update as soon as it's been sent!

The package has left... repeat, the package has left!  smile  It's heading south, in the US still...  picture coming soon

I received the box from Amy this morning. Thanks Amy!
    I would guess it to be around 1500 miles. I am in th NW corner of Louisiana at the intersection of highways 2 and 3. Zip 71064.
           You newer members check out the original posts on this topic to see what is going on and join in the fun! It's a hoot! The first e-mail I get with a good address will be the next destination.
      Ya'll excuse me, I have a lot of things to hear and see. AL

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

269 (edited by deadstring 2011-02-22 16:35:57)

Since the CDs are free for the taking I am assuming it's ok to copy some of the songs and send the originals on. Ok?

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Hi Al,

I hope so as that is exactly what I did smile.

Roger

Yes Deadstring, I believe that's what folks have been doing.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Absolutely.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/ … _00-01.jpg
I took these and the reason for taking 3 of the same picks is one for me, one for my son, and one for my grandson. They are both chordie users.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/ … _00-01.jpg
I put these!
     I have gone through the items and it was a lot of fun. I will be waiting for an address to send it to. AL (Deadstring)

As an update and to keep the suspense going I'll just report that the "Picks" will be headed toward the left side of the USA in a day or two.

I am surprised we have not  heard from the latest recipient. The box left here on 3-24-2011. (By truck) I sure don't want this fun experience to end on my watch.Hope we hear something soon.