1 (edited by aropanda 2011-03-22 02:54:00)

Topic: Neck radius

My fingers are skinny, barre chords tough. Have this great Guild has fat fret bars but shallow radius. Love to play every day but am stuck. Started late at this & have poor finger sensitivity. Sounds weird but looking for more radius on neck. Any ideas?

aropanda2@frontier.com
PANDA

Re: Neck radius

I like more radius myself and you're correct that it generally makes barreing easier... Yairi & Taylor would be where I'd start looking. If you have access to a music store, be sure to stop in and sample everything they have to offer and see what fits you and your style the best.  The only downfall to more radius is that they fret out sooner than flatter boards during bends but it's not that big of a difference and worth it for the playability gained (IMO) smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I agree with Pix. You need to test drive any guitars you can get your hands on. Maybe check diff manufacturers specs and see who offers what.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tips. Probably just play more and hope the calus builds up like the finger tips
Dump the bandaids and jam!

aropanda

My idea would be to go find a guitar that feels better.  smile

There is nothing better than the last one, except the next one.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Thanks Jerome, My Martin D15 is going to be replaced by A Seagull Mini Jumbo. Not really a step down. The Seagull just feels and plays better to sing with. The first one was an Ovation about three years ago, a real education.

Aropanda (Allen now 75).

Finger strength and dexterity exercises. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude