1 (edited by aprilbaby 2007-06-05 10:54:09)

Topic: Newfoundland Guitar

Hi
Just wondering if anyone had any Newfoundland songs and the tablatures chords?

Re: Newfoundland Guitar

i dont... sorry... just got on here a few days ago, so still figuring it out...  smile

3 (edited by badeye 2007-06-01 22:50:41)

If you live in eastern Canada check out the "Newfie 30 " on A M radio every weekend. Chech for times. Its all song's Newfoundland and is great stuff.

Hope this helps ...Badeye.

one caper after another

Eyes the by that builds the boat and eyes the by that sails her.......

I don't know any but there is always Stomping Tom That truely canadian, then There is always my favorite The Rodeo Song. LOL

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

" It's Forty Below, and I Don't Give a @$#&%, Got a heater in truck and I'm of to the rodeo. WEll a..........

Hey its a funny song, always good for a laugh at a kitchen jam.

Did you secure the "Smoked Meat" lol

av a gud un by......Badeye.

one caper after another

Hey Brad do you remember McLean and Mclean?
Pretty crude but some songs were funny

Yeap sure do, Jerry and Blair Mac Lean were from my home town, Blair died about 6 years ago. Their dad worked with my dad in the coal mines of Glace Bay, They were two real funny guys and played all over Canada and the U.S.A.Remember the song, "Pubic Hair". I think I have one of their albums in a box in the attic.

Did you ever catch one of their gigs?

Take Care....Badeye.

one caper after another

I think I have an old cassette of the ''Take the O out of the Country Show'' in a box somewhere. The Fox was a good song also. I never saw them in concert but I would have love to.
They must have been a hoot!

Yes Mike they were a real hoot. If somebody went to use the bathroom while they were on stage when you came back you were the vocal point for the rest of the show.They made you feel small in a funny way.My pop said that their dad was an underground comedian they were always laughing in the deapths of Cape Breton. I guess you needed a sense of humor to go five miles down and five miles under the atlantic ocean.

Have a good day Mike....Brad.

one caper after another