Topic: I've been thinkin

( when ya hear that it's a good time to RUN)

Anyways hehee. You Folks Accepted me few days ago and well I've been playin guitar for a whole lot of years. Started when I was 11 and now my AARP Butt is 51. I'm self tought...Play by myself...never played much in public.. But I pick up a guitar just about everyday.. Cause no matter how tough a day had smacked me in the face.  Half a hour with a guitar can just drain a bad day away. I've bounced around the site and it sure looks like a place I'll be checkin out a lot.
  So I just thought I'd stop in and YELL... HEY !!!!

The first thing I'll share with you is this...  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M PLAYIN !!!!!  LOL.

Yup been playin 40 years and don't know the names of a third of the chords I play.
  Freaky Huh.... and notes... well I hit um.. but don't know um... and needless to say I can't read music... But I'm Hardheaded... If I hear something I like I'll work at it until I can play it.  Then another funny thing happens.. A month later I'll have to learn it again....CAUSE I'M FIDDY ONE and forgot what the heck I did.  GAWD !!!!!

I'll leave ya with the only thing I can say about me on the plus side.
I've got a pretty good ear.. And i know my way around a guitar. I have a blast playin along with my CD's and DVD's...And I think the world is a better place with me just sittin in my Man Room Playin ontop of other folks music just hopin I don't get kilt for stickin in all kinds of runs and licks where they don't belong... BUT HEY.. I'm havin fun and DA HECK WITH IT !!!!  hahahaa.

If Clapton could hear what I've done to his songs.... LAWD.... My only hope would be to outrun him... He is like 60 now right?..  I could take um.   hehehehehe.

Anyways... HI !!!...
If I get to long winded in here.
Just say CC shut up and go to your room.

Have a Nice day Folks.

Re: I've been thinkin

yup! smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Wish I had a good ear.  That'll carry you a long way.  Listening Mississippi John Hurt and that dude with the Rolling Stones who doesn't know he's dead yet and a whole bunch of other folks who have got groove and funk in them, I don't get the feeling that they spent a whole lot of time in theory classes debating the value of flatted sixths.  They just played.  And I think (excepting the Classical guys) that's pretty much everyone's goal with an instrument - to cause it to make the music they hear in their head.  So, good for you. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Welcome aboard CC,

I get a little long winded myself so it's ok with me. I wish I had your ear and ability to just figure it out but I don't. I struggle every step of the way but like you, it just melts away the stress of the day, and I keep on trying, you'll find a great crowd of people here from all over the world so keep posting, learning what you can and teaching what you can. It's the music that we all have in common no matter where we live.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Welcome to Chordie CC!!! Lordy You surely do think a lot. lol

There is a link in the recording section should you want to volunteer your talents to helping others record tracks or to offer assistance in any way.
Looking forwards to your input.

Ken smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

You sound like my kind of folks. But then I like most folks. Welcome.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Welcome to the forum CC!  I too get long winded, but then I just use the "woman" excuse LOL!  Glad to have ya here!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks Everyone for the Welcome.

I know I'll learn from all you folks.. And I guess I'll have to look in to the recording section here if I'm going to be of any help to anyone.. cause like I said above, I can't tell you what I'm playin or doing,I would have to show you.  I'll go read in there and try to get a Idea what would be the best thing for me. recording tracks sounds like fun.

Again thanks for you Replies.

Good to have you here, CC.  I am sure you will add a lot of good stuff to the conversations.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

CCstring wrote:

Anyways... HI !!!...
If I get to long winded in here.
Just say CC shut up and go to your room.

Have a Nice day Folks.

Don't worry CC, I think that I have the record for the most longwinded post at 1080 words, and in case I have not already said, welcome to Chordie.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hahahaa
Thanks Pete and Roger.

Dang... 1080 words... Hummmmm... I don't know how safe that record is....But it's sure good to know  the record is 1080... WOW !!!!!!  Lol
Now I'm just worried cause Pete said it had to be GOOD STUFF I tossed in the Coversations... (Gulp !!)

Hehehe Thanks for the Welcome

Hi cc,good to see you here,sounds like you can play ok,you do not have to know the names of the chords, but it helps. I think Mr clapton is 64 years old,as he has me by a few years I know that.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Welcome. CC. I see that you have discovered that we have some long winded folks here in Chordie. I'm not one of them although I have broke wind a time or 2. But that's another story.

I have a buddy that I play music with that's about as good as anyone I've seen play. Anything he hears he can play - note for note. But he cant tell you what note it is or what chord he might be playing. And some of the chords he makes has some awfull fingerings. Course he plays for hours every day.

Nela

Thanks for the Welcome Dino and Nela.

I think I should clear something up about my playing... (wind starts to blow) hehehe.

I have been playin a long time closed up in my Room... And after some work I can get my ears to pick out something to either add to a song or play along... But I'm sure not one of those people that can hear something and just play it.  I have to mess around for awhile and work out what I think sounds right... Sometime it happens..Sometimes It don't.. But if I hear stuff I like and it speaks to me.. well I don't mind messin with it for a LONG time... Yup I'm Hardheaded.
  But I love just playin...   So the trial and May Errors don't bother me much.
Might have ta soundproof my Room ta keep the Girls from yellin...BUT DATS LIFE !!!!  LOL.

Thanks again Folks

It's all good stuff, CC.  Don't worry.  Just keep going as you are and we will chime in when we feel we have something to offer.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hey CC:  As long as you are enjoying it, why not?  Everybody here had been extremely good and helpful whenever I see anybody needing it.  Alot of us are just beginners or in some continued stage of learning and ask questions all the time.  And yes, we often get a little long-winded too.  Welcome, hope you have a good time with everything and everybody here.  Next to picking up my guitar each day, I make sure I visit this site at least daily, if not more often.  Enjoy!
Bass Viking     or     Big Jim     or    whatever,    just don't call me late to dinner!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio