Topic: very slow page loading

I am just letting you know that it takes forever for every page to load on chordie...and it's becoming to frustrating to use. On average it is taking me 1 min and 12 secs to load a page...and if you're in the mood to play this really takes away the mood...it's just far too annoying...so until the is sorted out..and i mean one second per page...i won't be using chordie any more...

The problem is not on my end....i have a very fast connection...

2 (edited by bensonp 2010-04-10 15:31:02)

Re: very slow page loading

Well good luck.  Sometimes my pages load fast and sometimes slow.  I just stick it out because I really like Chordie.  Hell of a first post.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

sometimes when a lot of users are online I have to wait a bit for the pages to load and I have a fairly fast connection but this dose not happen that often so if your not going to be online here this will speed it up a bit for me smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi tabula123456
Sorry to hear your experiencing a delay in Chordie's pages opening.
I'm sure Admin is doing everything possible to improve the speed. If you would like to return to Chordie sometime in the future I'm confident this annoying problem will have been resolved...
ark

tabula123456 wrote:

I am just letting you know that it takes forever for every page to load on chordie...and it's becoming to frustrating to use. On average it is taking me 1 min and 12 secs to load a page...and if you're in the mood to play this really takes away the mood...it's just far too annoying...so until the is sorted out..and i mean one second per page...i won't be using chordie any more...

The problem is not on my end....i have a very fast connection...

Your connection may well be ultra fast but if your PC is slow pages will be changing slow. As no one else is experiencing this problem (there would be 100's of comments if it were) it must be something at your end. Check your PC please.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Tabula,

I used to have this problem a long time ago. I uninstalled Norton security from my Pc. I  then added
AVG.  Been fine since then.. You possibly could have a virus also..These can cause problems like your having. Have you tried a total scan on your PC. Its important to do this regularly.

Good luck.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I have the same problem certain times and nights is worse then others

bensonp wrote:

Well good luck.  Sometimes my pages load fast and sometimes slow.  I just stick it out because I really like Chordie.  Hell of a first post.

Agree...

One second to load pages for me.  I'd check if your antivirus is on MAX Security setting.  Drop it down and retry or unload it and use another.  I've experimented myself and your antivirus can hurt almost as much as it helps. 

Welcome to Chordie.   There's a lot of good stuff here.

I sometimes have this problem but I have so much going on in my life I can check on something else and come back to chordie and all is well. A 2 minute wait isn't much for me considering the reward of finding new music.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

This is not a new problem and YES it is happening to many of us. It's just that we get so frustrated we don't take the time to post it out on the Forum, which is apparently just a ventilation service because here it is December and it is still slow. Other pages from other sites load just fine so it is not the PC. Where is the IT brain trust for Chordie?

I have the same problem sometimes,but I have noticed it will usually happen at times when there are alot of people online.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

It's amazing how spoiled we become by technology. So let's think about this. Chordie (who's servers are located in Norway) does not host any songs - it is a search engine that finds songs posted elsewhere on the net and formats them all pretty / chordie like to make them easy to transpose / read / print.

So a user like earthcreeper who may be from, say Des Moines, Iowa wants to see the chords to a tune. Many of the most popular tab sites are located in Russia, since sites there are not currently being sued by the MPAA. I'm guessing the data round-trip is easily over 25,000 miles or roughly a one-way trip around the world. 15 years ago sending this data via postal mail would have taken what - 3 or 4 weeks. 10 years ago with the best dial-up modem it would have taken 20 or 30 minutes (at least). Now, 95% of the time the songs appear immediately, on occasion it takes a minute or 2 (and I don't think I've ever experienced a 2 minute delay) And some users will complain and whine about this FREE service.

What do they call this - the "Me Generation" or the "Now Generation" ? Give me a break or get a better ISP. I used to walk to school uphill both ways in the snow and remember working and corresponding before email and even the fax machine (gasp!)

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

13 (edited by KAP54 2010-12-14 01:00:20)

I just did a quick check and noticed that there are currently 798 guests and 68 members on this site which would help to explain the slowdown. Maybe pick a time when it's not busy so the non-whiners can get through easier or maybe donate $$$$ to the Chordie cause so the servers can be updated. Per does a great job keeping this forum going with what he has.
Thanks Per

Yer Choice...Holy Moly

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)