1 (edited by TIGLJK 2010-12-22 18:37:15)

Topic: Minor man (with chords)

Minor Man Jim K

Intro

[Am] [Dm] [E7] [ Am]

[Am] [Dm] [Am,e7] [Am]

Verse 1

[Am]What began as a minor

[Dm] incident, has [E7] nowbecome the

[Am] main event

[Am] What seemed like minor [Dm] circumstances,    

with [E7]inviting smiles , and

[Am]enchanted glances

Chorus

[Dm]You’ve got minor faith in

[Am]anything I say, I’ve [E7] blown your trust, and there’s

[Am] hell to pay

[Dm]To say I’m sorry

[Am] just won’t do, You’ve got [E7] minor faith in my

[Am]love for you

[E7]minor faith in my [Am]love for you

[E7] [Am]

Verse 2

[Am] Should have told you

[Dm]Long ago, about[E7]Minor details that you

[Am]ought to know

[Am]Lies and deception

[Dm] of the soul, a [E7] minor situation where I

[Am] lostcontrol

Chorus

[Dm]You’ve got minor faith in

[Am]anything I say, I’ve [E7] blown your trust, and there’s

[Am] hell to pay

[Dm]To say I’m sorry

[Am] just won’t do, You’ve got [E7] minor faith in my

[Am]love for you

[E7]minor faith in my [Am]love for you

[E7] [Am]

Verse 3

[Am]Traded love for a

[Dm] touch of skin, [E7]Played a game that I could

[Am] never win

[Am] With blinded eyes and a

[Dm ]jaded plan, [E7] major flaws in a

[Am] minor man

repeat3x--> [E7] major flaws in a

[Am] minor man

Ending

[Am][Dm] [E7] [Am]

[E7] [Am] [E7] [Am] [E7] [Am] fade

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Minor man (with chords)

I was just messing around trying to play minor chords better when the idea of writing a song using mior chords about a minor man who cheated - just popped in my head ! ( I never cheated!)

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Hey Jim - This sounds great...I've always been a fan of minor chord songs and I like what you have done with this one. Keep 'em coming.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hi Jim
I'm rather partial to the minor chords myself to..
They can impart a sort of sadness to a song but not always.
anyway well done
ark

Well done Jim, I too like minor chords. Now can we bully, sorry encourage smile, you to record it so we know how you intend the song to be.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

hi jim saying you have'nt been on very long thats a very good song,well done.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

7 (edited by TIGLJK 2010-09-19 11:52:23)

I have been working on the song that I posted last week - re arranged the lyrics and added (at least what I think is ) a pretty cool intro to the song.   I wish I could sing ( i am really bad) ... but I just love how the music fits.  I am hoping that some of you good guitarists with nice voices can appreciate it.  I am just a beginner at guitar but have always been a songwriter since my college days.  I love the irony of this song b/c   the chords are flavored with minors and it is about the " minor man" . Hope you like it. If you have any suggestions to improve it - i am always open to them.  Loving learning how to play and love this chordie.com - it is the best !

Thanks to Mekidsmom and Arkady  for their assistance in getting me to post this the right way!
( and I do  hope I have it right this time!)
smile

Hi Jim,

I have just given your song another run through as you have amended it. I had diffuculty understanding the intro but with just chords that is usual.

You asked for suggestions and as I like the chorus to be different to the verses I played the chorus as Dm, Am, E7, Am (reversing the first two chords) which worked for me.

Still would like to hear a recording though to know how you intended it to be (and I bet your voice is not that bad).

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I am excited to hear how you intend this song to go as well!  Let us know right here when you have a recorded version!  smile  I love the sounds in a minor song!  wink

BTW... I am deleting my post under yours in the other thread - As long as no one else posts under it, you can then delete the other thread if you would like so people can simply find this one!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I didn't write for it, but the lyrics seem to possibly apply to  Brett Favre talking to his wife after the latest episode with Jenn Sterger ( J.E.T.S. !)

song is good even though you did not write it,and yes it looks like it could be for brett. (shame on the mess!)

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman