Topic: "One or Two Good People..."

This is just a song about life. You meet quite a few forgettable people in life but one or two keepers.

One or Two Good People… By Jeff Gilpin

September 30th, 2010

Intro… [C] [F] [G]

Verse 1

[C]Met a [F]man with [C]different [F]views

To [C]make it [F]through this [G]life

[C]Floating a[F]long on [C]other [F]folks

[C]Preaching ‘bout [F]struggle and [G]strife

[F]Had answers to [C]everything

Said [G]life just wasn’t [Am]fair

[C]Seemed to [F]me he was [C]looking [F]for

Some[C]body [F]else too [C]care

Verse 2

[C]Met a [F]girl with [C]golden [F]skin

Quite [C]early [F]in my [G]youth

[C]Said she [F]fell in [C]love with [F]me

[C]…Was the [F]gods honest [G]truth

[F]Guess her love [C]was short lived

Or [G]maybe just a [Am]lie

[C]Soon she [F]found a[C]nother [F]

And [C]then she [F]said good[C]bye

Chorus

[G]Amazing people you [C]meet in life

And [Am]share some moments [G]with

Some can last a [C]life time

While [Am]others are short [G]lived

[F]Swindlers and [C]conmen and [G]girls with twinkly [Am]eyes

And [C]one or [F]two good [C]people [F]you

Want [C]always [G]by your [C]side [G]

Verse 3

[C]Met a [F]man in [C]Germa[F]ny

[C]Far off a[F]cross the [G]seas

Through [C]working to[F]gether 'n [C]sharing [F]thoughts

[C]Friends we [F]came to [G]be

He [F]rode to Scandi[C]navia

On a [G]Harley David[Am]son

[C]Came back [F]with a Nor[C]wegian [F]wife

But [C]without [F]her hus[C]band

Verse 4

[C]Met a [F]girl in [C]Oma[F]ha

A [C]student [F]from a [G]far

[C]Double [F]dating [C]with my [F]friend

He [C]didn’t [F]get very [G]far

[F]She became a [C]friend of mine

[G]Eventually my [Am]wife

[C]Best move [F]that I [C]ever [F]made

For [C]now she [F]is my [C]life

Chorus

[G]Amazing people you [C]meet in life

And [Am]share some moments [G]with

Some can last a [C]life time

While [Am]others are short [G]lived

[F]Swindlers and [C]conmen and [G]girls with twinkly [Am]eyes

And [C]one or [F]two good [C]people [F]you

Want [C]always [G]by your [F]side[C]

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: "One or Two Good People..."

Nice one Jeff,

Any prizes for guessing who the girl fom Omaha is?

I just broke out the 12er and gave it a whirl, and an interesting change starting the chorus with G, which nearly caught me out the first time. Well done.

I may have mentioned this before but any chance of a recording?  smile

Roger

PS You might want to break the last line of the chorus in to two lines to prevent the overwriting of the chords.

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

On the button with the girl I met in Omaha. I was just trying to break up the song a little with the different tune in the chorus. How does the chorus look now? I adjusted it a little. Recordings are delayed due to an extended house guest stay (taking my recording space)...and a constant stream of short term visitors but it will be added to my list.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Cool Tune Jeff,

It reminds me of a song by Death Cab for Cutie, called "Steadier Footing."  The chorus is as follows:

"The people we've met in the last five years,
will we remember them in ten more."

Keep on posting these tunes.  I concur with Roger, can't wait to hear a recording.

-Dan

Music is my savior/I was maimed by Rock and Roll/I was tamed by Rock and Roll/I got my name/From Rock and Roll

-Jeff Tweedy

Thanks Dan - I'll have to listen to the Death Cab song - I like what I have heard from them but I haven't heard that one. As I told Roger, I'm I have people living in what was my recording studio right now so my recording stuff has been broken up for their move in and I would have to set it back up in another location with worse acoustics. I cannot afford some of the professional work I have done in the past so it will be scratches when I get to them.

J  E  T  S

good song jets, I got a shock about two years ago when A girl I used too date almost 40 years ago called me up!!!. we talked for a little on the phone and we email each other almost every day. She is happily married but she just wanted to come back in my life as a friend.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Yeah, facebook has helped me get reacquainted with some of my friends from the past. I haven't found the girl from the song (not the one I married) but I'm sure she is okay. She called me a few years after I was married and wanted to come visit me in Germany but I let her know I was married with children at the time so a visit was not a great idea. That was back in 1984 and I haven't heard from her since.

J  E  T  S