Topic: WHAT DOES IT TAKES TO BE A HUGE ARTIST?

Simple question "what are the INGREDIENTS to become huge?"
FIRST OF ALL:
- There are a lot of great but still unknown bands. Bands that you see and hear and aren't big, even with great songs.
IS THERE A KIND OF "COCKTAIL" to be projected to the top?
- Charisma?
- Show?
- Sleeping with the boss?
Who can give me a decent answer?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: WHAT DOES IT TAKES TO BE A HUGE ARTIST?

get noticed by a record company and get them to hype you up.

sorted, your famous

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: WHAT DOES IT TAKES TO BE A HUGE ARTIST?

..........or get tons and tons of hits on youtube and then get signed by some blood/money thirsty agency. This seems to be the latest 'get rich quick' theme for a few lucky performers out there today.

I'll stick with doin' it the old fashioned way;play live gigs, do as good as you can, hope that lots of people will talk about you and get more people to come out and hear  you play. It's pretty much all the same to me personally, I'm gonna be playin' my guitar at home or at some dive bar, restaurant, festival, or whatever. Anything else that comes along is only an added bonus. Play music for the love of music, and/or payin' the mortgage, student loans, pre-paid college funds, vehicles,new guitars, etc........ A wise friend of mine always  said, 'hope for the best, expect the worst'. (ie- have a back-up plan to get through the hard times!) There is no secret formula, just try, just try..........

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.