Topic: Schoolhouse Rock ... any help? 3 is the Magic #

Does anyone have the chords to "Three is the Magic Number"? from Schoolhouse Rock?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxmKRyLd … re=related

Blind Melon did a cover of it in 1996 ... but ... I don't know it that well ...

I've seached around for the original author "Bob Dorough" but can't find it anywhere ...

Any help? ... Anyone?

Re: Schoolhouse Rock ... any help? 3 is the Magic #

c'mon y'all .... please?!
I see lots of you are reading this, but no posts ...
I wrote this comment to boost it back up to the top of the stack ...
Someone's gonna pull through with this one, I'm sure !

...hmmm, still no responses.
Doesn't anyone know the chords to this great song??!!!

I don't believe it ... c'mon .... please!

Jack Johnson did a cover of it... I used to know the chords...I'll  work it out again this evening when I get home from work and post them for ya. -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I think what Jack Johnson did was use a "riff" from the one I linked above (the original Schoolhouse Rock tune) in his song "The Three R's ... Reduce, Re-use, Recycle" .... I'm really REALLY interested in the original version ... ESPECIALLY the strumming that kicks in around 0:29 seconds in the YouTube video ... I appreciate any help, anyway ...

Thanks for coming through on this one! I can't wait.

6 (edited by Guitarpix 2008-10-03 21:56:49)

Man it took some real searching but here you go http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mt … =mn0064349 It only gives you the first page for free but it's enought to work the song out. Looks like E A B for intro then it just goes between E and A. I'd guess, (I haven't listened to the song) that it goes back to B during breaks or other parts of the song. Should be pretty easy to pick out.. Hope it helps some... -Pix

Oh yea, I downloaded their veiwer for a better look and it's safe to use... No problems with the install, it only took about 5 seconds.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hello, DGA for the Intro, and D and G for this 'binary' song !