Topic: Bonnie Rait for Old Doll

Yes she did sing your song on her third encore. What a truly amazing weekend of blues. Some of the bands that played at
the three day concert included, James Cotton,Walter Trout,Can-
adian guitarists Davic Wilcox and Dave Gogo, The Jump Up Blues
Band, Garret Mason Band {Dutch Mason's son}, Charlie Acourt,
Shirley Jackson,Thom Swift,Morgan Davis,Theresa Melafont and the George Street Blues Project. A young 17 year old, Jimmy
Bowskill whooed the crowd both friday and saturdaywith his old style blues . Blues ledgend Hubert Sumlin played with James cotton and was a real hi-lite for me. Old Doll she did your song
'I Can't Make You Love Me" the only song where she didn't have a guitar on her hip. I made sure Gem and I were right up front to
see the blues first hand. It was well worth the thousand dollars we spent in four days. We've already decided we are going again next year. Well now back to work yuk  but someone has to do it.

with a good fill of blues, Take Care.. Badeye  cool

one caper after another

Re: Bonnie Rait for Old Doll

Awesome Badeye!, Glad you had the opportunity to experience such an awesome event. Sounds like you and the Mrs. had a first rate time. Thanks for the concert recap. I'll you tube the musicians you mentioned that I've yet to hear.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Hey South Paw, Hubert Sumlin and James Cotton really did it for me. Cotton's three piece came on and did some old blues standards like B.B. King's "How Blue Can You Get" and
Leadbelly's 'Rock Island Line"  Then the man himself came
out, James Cotton, and sat in his chair and blew some great harmonica tunes. He is as big as Humpty Dumpty and his harp playing even bigger. They played for an hour and then invited mister guitar himself  Hubert Sumlin and the crowd went wild. Sumlin played for about an hour and a half and the next day played another set. I was truly in heaven to see such great blues men. At the camp site for two nites we played guitars and blew harp till the sun came up . I've blown
harp for some thirty years and stiill consider myself an ameture still, but people were impressed I think, every  time I
put my harp in my pocket they wanted it back so I obliged them. We had such a good time that I already ordered tickets for next year.  Bonnie Rait is a master at slide guitar and did not dissapoint anybody. It's great to meet new people at
these festivals and see others play guitars around campfires.

Somebody help me cause I just can"t get enough of these blues.
Work today was rough.

Take Care... Badeye  cool

one caper after another

Lovely Badeye,

Sounds like a blast Badeye. Oh to hear Bonnie in person singing. Isn't she just magic Sir ?.
Me Mam/ Uncle and Grandad played harmonica.  Me grandad many moons ago when he had no money for Porter
used sit for hours playing sad  slow tunes. When he had a few bob he'd up the tempo. We always knew when the dosh rolled. lol
When i was a kid i seen my uncle coming down the street playing the smallest harmonica id ever seen, and him full of porter.
Ah diggles" He said wait till ya hear this one! He played a tune for me, then gave me 2 brown pennies to buy caramels, delighted i was as i watched him play and him as black as soot. He was a docker in the coal yards in those days.  "Don't tell your Mam now", He said, she will only give me grief about drinking. lol
How i wish they were all alive to take them to a festival like yours. It would be heaven to watch them. ah may heaven be all there beds Badeye.

Love to Gem.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thanks Old Doll, Bonnie was magic. Bet you had lots of fun listening to the harmonica, I know I did. Hope your staying dry.

Badeye  cool

one caper after another