Topic: JINGLE BELLS, HAPPY BIRTDAY

Are these songs still protected, or still have copyrights?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: JINGLE BELLS, HAPPY BIRTDAY

i am guessing here but I dont tink these songs have any copyrights unless they are done in a certain way by a known artist.
as far as i know there songs areclassed as tradition and will not cause anyone any trouble if they play them and make money from them

but this is a total guess

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: JINGLE BELLS, HAPPY BIRTDAY

I found that that song was named originally GOOD MORNING TO ALL, by the Hill sisters.
In 1935 "Happy Birthday to You" was copyrighted as a work for hire by Preston Ware Orem for the Summy Company, the publisher of "Good Morning to All".
I read that the copyrights in the USA are as long as the author lives and depending on jurisdiction an extra 50 to 70 years.
So "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" is still under copyright. If used in a movie, they charge you extremely high copyright fees = 10.000$ The Hill sisters never had copyright, and the lyrics were changed by 6-8 year old children on birthday parties.
There is an extremely dirty play going on.
the lyrics will come out of copyright at the end of 2008 and the music will come out of copyright at the end of 2016.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]