1 (edited by marcalan 2008-07-10 20:50:07)

Topic: 5000 Miles In Between

Hey all..
I've had the distinct honor and pleasure of working with Lena on this song. A combined effort on our part to describe the long distant relationship that we have and I know that others have experienced as well. Love is the most powerful Spirit and truely will not be denied.
I hope you will enjoy this tune... I give a deep bow to a wonderful, talented woman who is able to inspire, even me.

Have a listen....     
http://www.myspace.com/friar101

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Re: 5000 Miles In Between

hi marcalan a lovely sone with feling ,well done to you both...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Really Nice marcalan. You and Lena make a good writing team.I can picture a voice in harmony coming from the Emerald Isle.Any chance of that happening???

KAP54 smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

perseverance in deed.

lovely lyrics, reads like a poem or an ode to the joy of love and friendship.
sweet and tender
just one more word ...beautiful

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thank you to everyone who responded..I'm curious though has anyone been able to listen to this thru the link I put up? Thanks daddy,Kap,And Phil

I would try another.

Hey marcalan
The link works fine. Good recording. A simple song nicely done.
well done to you and Lena...
Ark

Hi Marcalan,

I would guess that the lyrics are Helena's and the music yours, but I may be wrong. Whoever did what it is a great song and your collaboration has worked very well.

Your MySpace and Foc are testament to the fact that you have now got to grips with your recording equipment too.

Well done to both of you and thank you.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Marcalan,

the Melody is lovely to this piece. Thanks for the link and bringing my words to life.
Lovely acoustic playing, which guitar did you use Sir?.

I so wish i knew more about recording. I have 2 great songs for a while now! One of Russells, also one written By James. I really would like to record them.

I would also like to say " Thank You" to all for there comments.

There graciously received as always.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

sorry i forgot to answer you Doll...i played my old epiphone guitar on this..seems to be the sweetest these days..other than you of course..thanks for kind words, we need more in the world in these times..a Friar told me that," Love is the strongest Spirit in the world"

I would try another.

Hi marcalan - As I am hopelessly behind in keeping up with all the stuff on the Songwriting forum, it took me a while to listen to this one.

Great song! Love the idea and what you did with it.  Your recordings are clear and your playing is superb - have sent a MySpace friend request and I am so glad you have joined out little merry band of music makers.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

11 (edited by marcalan 2008-07-17 15:24:37)

Many thanks, James, from a humble minstrel. Lena and her magical pen put this to paper. One of her glorious expressions  ahh the talent.   And yes, proud to have you as my friend, Nameste..........marcalan

I would try another.

Great job, I like it!

Heard it from a friend who,
Heard from a friend who,
Heard it from another that [url=http://www.chordie.com]www.chordie.com[/url] is awesome....