Topic: Chordie upgraded

This is one of the largest upgrades ever in the history of Chordie. Hundreds of new artists, thousand of new songs. Especially a lot of material from newer artists.

Some other improvements as well:

* An irritating bug browsing by songname is now finally fixed. This is a lot easier now.

* A new way of detecting duplicates. It is very annoying finding lots of identical versions of the same song. Hopefully this is going to end now.

* New algorithm for calculating "most popular" -> better songs.

* Songs with very low rating is removed.

But, as always with new upgrades: There might be bugs. Please report anything strange you notice..

Re: Chordie upgraded

Received your email.

Thanks for a 1st class site and a very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to you too Per.

Rob.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Spot on site! I just found it. Well done!

had a problem when trying to login in the computer said i was not registered as a user. but my song book is in the public list

Hi,

I'm new to Chordie, but what a great site. I've started my own song book, & on 2 occasions now, when I find a song a like, & try to add it to my song book, I get a server error. If I try later, it works. Is this normal??

Thanks & keep up this great site.

Hillview

No, this should not happen. If anybody experiences this, please send me the url to the file. Most likely it is a very small bug that will be fixed a few minutes after I am getting a good bug-report..