Topic: Neil Diamond

I got his new album the other day " home before dark" and I like it a lot. There are a few sort of dodgy songs but only a few out of 14 and they might eventually grow on me.

anyone else heard it and like or dislike the album?

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: Neil Diamond

Ken, I have that album too. HIS VERY FIRST NUMBER ONE ALBUM, in a 40 year old carrier. I was convinced that "Jonathan living seagull" reached number one, but obviously it didn't. I agree 100% with you, 50% is really mediocre, and the other 50% contains about 4 great songs, but something new or refreshing?
Do me a favor and see or listen what's going on:
- ROBERT PLANT suddenly number one and for weeks in the top 5, with ALISSON KRAUSE. It is a typical "PLANT" album, listen to the drums and "Big Log", but on the other hand it isn't a typical Plant album.
It is amazing how the "must have been retired because of retirement age" are popping up from nowhere.
Another one is Mark KNOPFLER (who plays JJ Cale since they started Dire Straits) with EMMYLOU HARRIS "All the Roadrunning"
I must tell some songs are amazing.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hi Lieven
I have the Robert Plant and Alison Frauss album too. It is not bad!
I tihnk it is a bit over produced though. I dont like the sound that you hear now and again like on the first song the way the guitar sounds and the vocals , sort of waving in and out a wee bit.

I am really enjoying the Diamond album though, I am listening to it a lot in the car.

Also got the new Paul Weller album " 22 dreams" I know you dont like him much and I wouldnt say go listen to it as it is a typical Weller album so ye probably wont like it either, but it has quite a few good songs in my opinion that I know Weller critics will not like.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ken, I don't like Paul Weller, maybe I should give him a chance and try to discover how his songs are.
Same with
- THE CURE
- THE SMITHS
Not my cup of tea.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]