Topic: Can I....

plug a bass guitar into an electric guitar amp without doing any damage??? I have no clue.....

Re: Can I....

From what I've read on other forums you can, but ONLY AT VERY LOW VOLUME. Otherwise it damages the speaker and/or the amp itself.

oh.....

I have an old Haynes amp (real old) that my bass player used for smaller gigs. It worked great for him and no damage was done this old work-horse amp. Keep in mind though amps today aren't built like they were back in the day. The lows don't thump like they should with a guitar amp. If a drummer is involved the guitar amp for a bass guitar probably won't be loud enough. But if it's just a few guitars and the venue isn't too big, the guitar amp will do until you're united with a 'real' bass amp.

Give everything but up.

Agreed SouthPaw ... guitar amps and bass amps are made seperate for a reason ... most guitar amps cant handle a deep heavy bass tone unless they're turned down really low ... getting a seperate bass amp will be better for you Linusguitar

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Agreed! I've played a bass thru a Peavey Bandit at lower volumes without any problems, but now have a Fender Bass amp. I was told that at high volume damage would occur...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.