Topic: coverbands and tribute bands THE SAME?

THE SHADOWS probably high ranked
BOB DYLAN?
THE BEATLES?

Is a tribute band = Cover band?
If I hear some songs by PHISH, they have a lot of covers, they played a lot of PINK FLOYD SONGS.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: coverbands and tribute bands THE SAME?

if a band do not make up most of their own songs then yes, any tribute band is a cover band.

Some see " two from the jam" as a cover band but as the name says two of them were in the jam anyway, so they are not a cover band, and also they are making a new album.

there are too many cover/tribute bands.
They use the name tribute so it does not sound as cheap and tacky and thieving as COVER band

That is not to say they are good what they do, and good luck to them but I would not go out my way to watch any, although I have seen one or two AB CD were very good but not a patch on the real group. Also I wouldnt pay entrance fee into an establishment to watch someone make money from the talents of others.

well, maybe "the australian pink floyd" or "mac Floyd" if they tickets were at a reasonable price

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I always thought of a cover band as any band that doesn't play original music.
They play music by many artists, and really don't try to sound like anyone, they just play everyone elses music "their" way.

A tribute band, to me, is a band that tries to "mirror" the sound, style, and perfomance of one particular artist.
Sort of like an Elvis impersonator.
Tribute bands are somewhat strange to me...but there are many of them out there.

Is it possible that a "tribute band" (and I noticed on youtube that most such bands are from Australia) is playing the songs, I also saw a version of NOVEMBER RAIN and closing your eyes I DID hear AXL ROSE, but besides the TRIBUTE song, play own stuff?
A coverband plays only covers.
WHICH BAND IS MOST COVERED? The Shadows maybe?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]