Topic: shredneck and the ultimate practice tool?

need to ask. I have been told by someone in my family that they decided to order me a Shredneck for my Bday. I guess it's comming in the mail. they over heard me chatting about wishing i had room in my car to practice so i can build up finger strength. now i Know that there are lots of alternatives for something to play while on lunch but i am at a new location everyday and i know that leaving your guitar in the hot car can damage it. so what i want to know is if anyone has used this or if anyone has an opinion about it from looking at the website. i am getting one of these anyways. and it will give me a chance to think up ways to improve on the idea.

http://www.shredneck.com/

that's the website.

Re: shredneck and the ultimate practice tool?

Hmmmm - interesting idea.  Could be a useful gizmo.
After you get the thing please post about how you like it.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

will do. the more i read about it the more i can't wait. though all of the rare posts i find in other forums have alot of people complaining. the reviews are good though. i am torn. but i still cant wait.

4 (edited by Lilliepop 2008-05-22 19:12:07)

Today is the day! I got my shredneck.  it's the tinyest thing. only the first seven frets of the guitar. it says that it's not meant to be tuned and they mean it. I basically put a capo on  guitar that corresponded to the shredneck  and tuned it. Then proceeded to practice the chords and changes for carol of the bells. Gm Eb Gm7 Cm Gm6 D .  after half an hour I tried out the real guitar to see if there was a differnce. I know it sounds stupid but my hand didn't cramp up as fast. I think I may like this. it's maybe a whole 18 inches long and since I work in offices this thing is perfect. no sound coming from it to bother anyone while on lunch. the best part is that I don't have to stress if I leave it in my car. this going to totally double my practice time.

cool