Re: reasons why you don't like most R&B music...

well I knew jerry reed was involved with trucking songs and thats why I said "I think" because I wasn't sure thanks zurf for the info also your anology funny smile

Zurf wrote:

I believe Convoy was C.W. McCall.   I call those "talking country" songs.  Freddy Fender did some.  In fact, a LOT of folks did those talking country songs in the 70's.  They'd sing a verse, the chorus twice, then they'd have a talking verse that ALWAYS seemed to start with "Darlin', now you know I love you..." and then would go on to explain that even though the singer loved Darlin' why he slept with half the women in the trailer park and was still pursuing the other half and generally saying completely ridiculous, inflammatory, and unreasonable things in a low, steady, calm, reasonable sounding voice (with lap steel guitar and brushed drum backup).  Man, that was some crap.  No wonder I went for the sissified folk/pop in the 70's. 

Jerry Reed did do trucker songs, and did perhaps the most famous (other than Convoy) as the opening theme song for the movie "Smokey and the Bandit" - later released as a single named "East Bound and Down." 

- Zurf

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I hate some R&B songs because they have no meaning at all unlike other music!

Music is life,
Live for it

no guitar in their music.....

lol,
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle