Topic: IMPACT € versus $

Do you feel, in daily life the fact that the EURO is so incredible strong?
I read that "BIG ARTISTS" changed contract by asking EURO'S in stead of DOLLARS.

I am convinced that for stores, or eBay, clothes, and especially guitars.
Take the brandnew GIBSON "SLASH".
The OFFICIAL RETAIL PRICE = $5880 = 3,710.72 EUR
- In online MUSIC STORES = $4,399.00 = 2,776.73 EUR
- In (probably) the cheapest music store in Koln = 4066,21 € = 6450$
SO for me the difference is really amazing.
I just wanted to know, and probably other EUROPEANS TOO, what consequences has this phenomenon for USA citizens?
I think, because the USA has always been the "American Dream Land", you have probably more than enough resources, like gold, weapons, uranium, great scientists (and my favorite country too)
you can survive on your own. I was and still am intrigued by your country, you got it all. In the morning on a mountain top, ice cold, driving back to the south, and driving trough dead valley, not possible to drive "convertible". I 'll never forget that day, evening, I stopped at a point: a gas station, a motel, a restaurant and 50°C = 122°F. Arriving there, you should drink, but the fact is that you hate to drink, because your body is messed up.
In fact about the IMPACT "EURO" versus "DOLLAR" export will be cheaper (BUT, some of the new guitar arrivals are a lot more expensive), import? will be expensive.
What, how, can you deal with this problem?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: IMPACT € versus $

I deal with the problem by having a European girlfriend who gets paid in Euros, and laughs at my pitiful American Pesos.

Travel overseas sucks these days.  It's expensive now.   She flys to New York to shop because it's cheaper.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Hi Docs,

Yes I to shop abroad, Fantastic rates of exchange with the dollar.  But ive also done most of my shopping in northern Ireland for manys a year now.. Everything there is so much cheaper then Dublin.

Even though the sterling rate dropped so low  in the last few years.  It was still cheaper to shop there.

You should see the N1 motorway now to Newry every Saturday and bank holidays.

Now the sterling rate has risen again , sure were delighted to cross the border. Well Thats another plus now,

NO BORDER. Yipee. Peaceful happy days.

My only gripe is, Home heating Oil has gone through the roof  at the moment { price wise }

Roll on Summertime.

Hugs to you Docs from the Emerald.

xx.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

It hasn't affected me much as an American citizen.  The thing that has affected me the most is that corn subsidies have increased to get more corn for fashioning into biofuel, which isn't being used near as much as the government would like (and sawgrass is a better source of bio sugars to make ethanol anyway).  The reason this has affected me is that many of the Pacific Northwest farmers have converted their hops fields to corn fields to get the subsidy and the shortage of hops has driving the price of quality beer through the roof.  It's cheaper to drink bourbon, which is made from corn (but has also increased in price substantially because the cheap corn is being made into biofuel). 

The only European thing that I regularly kept on hand was 18 year aged Glenfiddich or Glenlivet, but it has gotten far too expensive.  The price has gone up close to 30% in the past year.  I have discovered a 12 year aged American bourbon that is quite reasonable in price and is tasty, though surely not AS tasty.  However, I can get 1.75L of the bourbon for roughly $28, but 1L of Glenfiddich or Glenlivet is closer to $43.  For almost 1/4 the price, I will have to find the strength to suffer through until the dollar is strong against the Euro again and Scotch is once again affordable. 

And as long as we're passing out hugs, Old Doll and Doc are both welcome to one.  And I'll toss in a peck on the cheek to Old Doll, too.  But I'm leaving Doc out on the cheek peckery - me not being European and all. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thank You Zurf,

Graciously accepted.  A crate of Glenfiddich on its way to you! lol

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Jameson's is actually cheaper here in the states than it is in Ireland.   My sweet Irish thing picks up a bottle for her dad while she's here.

Makes no sense.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]