Topic: for those that dont read " about chordie"

for those that only come in here or elsewhere on the forum other than "about chordie" or the new place Per has created " chordies editors" then I will spread the word.

per is looking for a few people to help out.
It is very very easy and does not take much time ( unless you are me with a bottle of wine and trying to get out of watching silly womens programs on telly with my wife lol )

Chordie is going to change but before it does we need a few more people to try the new things out.
what is it?
It is a new layout where you can add songs directly from a chordie page. i.e you will see all the albums that john prine ( or any other artist) has brought out. on each album it has a list of songs from the album. If chordie has it just now then there is a link to the song. Or if chordie has not got it then you can add the song yourself.
This does not mean you have to add everything and edit everything. It is in its test stage just now but a few more people testing is better than 2 or 3.

it is a big change in chordie and really does look much better and much much easier to find songs from artists and add them.

I posted this after seeing not a lot of replies frm Per's request. with over umpteen members on board using the site I thought more would be interested.

for deatils go into "about chordie section" or "chordies editors " section

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: for those that dont read " about chordie"

Um maybe.  I'm going to be sitting around stoned and bored for a couple weeks soon.  (legally stoned - I'm having some surgery that is expected to be painful, so I'm hoping for some good drugs)

Anyway, I can't make a long term commitment, but I may be able to help a bit after the second of the month.  Feel free to send an e-mail and let me know what it'll take.  I usually just pop on for a few minutes from time to time between meetings, but with being out of work for a couple weeks and not able to do much more than stare blankly into space, checking out a cool music website sounds like a lot more fun.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

lol
Zurf, your reply has made me laugh hale heartidly.

I hope yer surgery goes well. I dont know how long the testing will last but i know Per is trying to get all this done for the 10th April.

but even after the initial testing there might be some teething probs so all error reporting is good. Good for you, good for me, good for everyone good for the site .

I would never think of asking you to sell me some of those good drugs as I do not take drugs and that would make you a dealer if you did, but you can laways post them free of charge to me lol

to help if you can but please do not feel preasued to do so, as should no one feel preasured to do so. get in touch with Per.

Ken

Ken
No problem for me. I've been active and I will still remain active.
Chordie is a big part of my life.
I hope to continue contributing.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Ill help out if you are still needing more volunteers.

thanks riddler,
But Per has just posted a reply in " about chordie" saying he has enough now for the testing.

thanks to all.

It might be ready before 10th April.

It is looking very good and I am sure everyone will love it, especially the folk that look up songs a lot from certain artists and even more if they want to find songs from certain albums.

Ken