Topic: easy acoustic tabs

i just started playing my acoustic and i need some easy tabs that i can try to start learning. any suggestions?

Re: easy acoustic tabs

hi Rachael,

welcome to chordie.

The best thing to do is to look in the public songbooks and see if you can find anything. Some people title their songbooks as " easy to play" etc.

I dont really know about tabs though, I suppose there will be some tabs, but I thin kmostly is is songs with the chords.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi Rachael

If you like country, there are tons of easy songs to learn ... specifically I love George Strait songs (Stars on the Water) ... they're usually two/three chords ... Bob Segar (You'll Accompany Me) has a few as well

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

TIM0473, do you have the bass run tabed out for "Star's on the Water? If so would you please share them with me? Thanks,

Nela

awesomenesss.
i love country so i will definitely look those up...and the songbooks have given me lots of ideas too. =]. thank you mucho.

Hey Nela ... All I have is my guitar tabbed version for "Stars on the Water" ... sorry bro!

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Welcome Rachael. They are right look in an easy songbook for a song you know. After learning a song you know and playing, it sure does might it worthwhile. Try Country easy and my rebelyellz songbook.
                             Electric -Fender Tele
                             Acoustics-Taylor 414ce,Martin D12x1,Takamine F385,F310,
                             Amp-Fender DECjr

2007 Gibson Les Paul 2004 Gibson Les Paul 2008 Gibson Explorer
2006 Martin D12X1 1999 Martin OOC-16DB 2004 Taylor 414ce
2008 Gretsch G 5122,1977 F385 Takamine,1975 F310 Takamine
Peavey Valve King VK 212 Fender DEC Jr.

Rachael,
  Depending on your tastes, here are a few easy songs for the acoustic:

- Tom Petty's "Learning to Fly" - four chords (F, C, Am, G) in a repetitive pattern. Just the same thing over and over--but it sounds cool and it's great practice on four major chords.
- Willie Nelson's "Me and Paul" - three chords (A, D, E) with alternating bass notes (A/G, D/C).  If you like Willie, this is a good song for practicing timing and alternating bass notes.
- Credence Clearwater's "Bad Moon Rising" - three chords (D, A, G) with variation on the chorus (G, D, A).  Easy to play along with.
- Emerson, Lake and Palmer's "Lucky Man" - three chords (G, D for verses; Am, G, D for choruses).  You can strum or fingerpick.
- Fleetwood Mac's "Rhiannon" - three chords (Am, F, C) in two combinations (Am and F on every other verse, C and F on the ones in between).  This is easier to play than it might sound. Okay, so it has that cool guitar riff, but it also works as a rhythm/strum on the acoustic. 

I've found these and many, many others right here on Chordie. (My first choice for guitar tabs/chords.)  I just thought I'd suggest a few specific songs since you already got the "check a songbook" answer.  Each of the songs I listed is great for practicing certain things on guitar--basic chord shapes, alternating bass notes, timing, mood, etc.

Good luck and I hope you make that guitar sing!!

Paul

Hey!!

The first song I learned is knocking on heavens door by bob dylan, it contains only four chords, which are fairly easy for a beginner, G, D, C and Am its goes G D C then G D Am, and just alternates through those two the whole way.