Topic: Easy songs for Capo 2

Hi _ I am a beginner and for now I find it easier to get clean chords with Capo 2.  Any suggestions for easy songs that use Capo 2?

Thanks!

Re: Easy songs for Capo 2

Eagles...Doolin-Dalton.....very slow and very easy, play the chords and pick a few strings out and you will sound like a pro.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

pastfan wrote:

Hi _ I am a beginner and for now I find it easier to get clean chords with Capo 2.  Any suggestions for easy songs that use Capo 2?

Thanks!

hi pastfan
and welcome to the chordie forum.

I love using the capo on the 2nd,3rd 4th or even 5th frets, but it depends what your singing is like. I agree withyou that it makes the chords sound cleaner, also sharper and clearer but if you start straining your voice to match the key you are playing the song in ( beacuse when you use the capo you are changing the key ) you run the risk of eventually getting a nodule on your vocal cords.

You can put a capo on any song really.
If for instance you like playing  G , C and D chords with a capo on the 2nd fret you are actually playing the  A, D and E. So maybe you could transpose the songs -2 the nput on the capo on the second fret you will be playing the notes that are on the song. Hope that makes sense to you.
If not just say and I will or someone will explain clearer.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi Pastfan,

Now I have been playing guitar longer than most on here and I remember my early guitars all had a fret immediately in below the nut so that the nut merely spaced the strings apart and it was this first fret which controlled the string distance from the fingerboard at that end. Nowadays this first fret is omitted and it is the slots in the nut that control the string distance from the fingerboard. Possibly your strings are held too high in the nut making it harder to play without the capo but be warned, if this is the case it is not the job for an amateur, you need a luthier as a cut too deep or too wide can ruin the guitar.

Take care,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

pastfan wrote:

Thanks!

"Have a Nice Day" by Stereophonics
"Sing" by Travis

Both capo 2. There's a few capo 4 songs that are fairly easy as well.

I've found that I can't play open chords on one of my guitars because the strings are too thick.

Thank you all - enjoying a snow storm from inside with my gee-tar and golden retriver....

I know what you mean, pastfan.  It's so much easier, just starting out to use a capo.  Especially when it comes to learning barres!  I think, like a few others already said, you can play just about anything with a capo.  I use it a lot to find the range I feel most comfortable singing in.  It sounds like it would be really, really high, but I've found lately that I really enjoy singing with the capo on the 7th fret.  The capo was a lifesaver for me in the beginning until I built up more finger strength.

You should check out some acoustic songs by this guy named Joshua Radin.  He's got a lot of great acoustic stuff and he likes using the capo too. :-)  Welcome to Chordie, btw.

Most songs can be played with a capo.

All the capo does is change the key.

Search for a song on this web site and if the required chords are displayed in a blue font then it is very easy to transpose to another key.

On the right hand side of the page is a box called TRANSPOSE CHORDS.

Click on this and choose how many semi tones you want to shift the key by and it'll change the chords in the song automatically.

Transpose until you find a key that is easier for you to play in.

capo 3: That's Entertainment by The Jam

G, Em, Am, F

I'm the son of rage and love