Topic: new here

I am just learning how to play and just got my guitar and was wondering what the strings are and what does the x mean for chords. Thank you

Re: new here

That usually indicates dont play that string.  dino48

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

There are different sites where you can find chords, so SPECIFIC to learn chords, in front of your PC. I still have a book too, because you can't imagine the different number of chords.
Best way to learn? You can write songs with 3-4 chords.
- I started with 4 major chords, later 7, just because some major chords, like B, are not so easy.
- websites: www.chordbook.com, you can tune your guitar, and move dots to see the chord. Another is www.all-guitar-chords.com

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

The top string is the 6th string and is the low E, 5th string is the A string, 4th is the D string, 3rd is the G string 2nd is the B string and the 1st is the high E string. (standard tuning).                                                                                 Remember Every Adult Dog Growls Barks Eats  EADGBE

Learning to play the guitar is easy. Converting that knowlege to sound like music is hard!

Or Eddie Ate Dynamite Good Bye Eddie

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

alvee33 wrote:

Or Eddie Ate Dynamite Good Bye Eddie

That's the one they use in "Guitar for Dummies".

That's Me!!!!!!!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

El Alvee Doc Bandidos E..

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Welcome Cotweety--
About the whole x, don't play the string--that is absolutely the case, but I have to tell you, guitar players "cheat" all the time.  In a perfect world, we play the chords perfectly...in most of our worlds, we just wack all the strings and hope it sounds right!