1 (edited by acapo 2007-11-15 16:20:42)

Topic: take five chords in 5/4 time dave brubeck

dave brubeck wrote a piece of music that i loved but at the time was unable to concieve playing in 5/4 time it felt awkward like writting left handed but this song once you learn the rythem is kind of fun. we are in the key of dm there are 5 beats to each bar starting with a 1 beat c 1beat dm 3beats on dm syncopate the last 3 beats as 1 2&3 the bridge is g 5beats f#m7 5beats em 5 beats d 3beats d72beats repeat g 5 f#m 5 em 5 f#m strum and hold 3beats to a1beat c 1beat and your back to dm the a & c of the last bar of the bridge leads you back into the chord pattern the notes are a different thing {melody line} but if you can get through the progression i think it will be well worth the effort acapo

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: take five chords in 5/4 time dave brubeck

Does anyone know where I might find Mexican "standard" songs in Spanish with chords?

try mexico

acapo wrote:

try mexico

on take five i gave the wrong chord yesterday i had g as the second chord ithe correct chord is c i made the correction today as i was reading over the chord chart and realized my screwup hope it didn't confuse to many people sorry acapo