Korea
Vietnam
Falklands
Desert Storm I
Desert Storm II

3...2...1...Go!

I'm the son of rage and love

Re: War, huh - what is it good for?

Viet Nam, by a large margin, followed by all that hip swing that came out of WWII.

I'm going to wager that a large portion of our American audience doesn't know about the Falkland Island War.  I'll confess that I had no idea it had it's own soundtrack.  What's the story on that?

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Ah the good old '80s.  Thatcher government, civil unrest about the miners' strike and the unions losing their power, the poll tax riots and the Argentinians not just cheating England in the world cup but invading (or reclaiming if you're Argentinian) the Falkland Islands way over in the South Atlantic.

Dexy's Midnight Runners, Skinhead/Ska, Two Tone or New Romantic, The Jam...

I'm the son of rage and love

Vietnam.

So far away, Carole King, Eve of Destruction, In The Summer time, Mungo Jerry.
All of the beach Boys, gosh So many!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Yeah I would go with vietnam too.
And about the argentinians "cheating" in the world cup? nonsense!! Diago got a cramp in his arm that day at that moment,lol, wasnt his fault ,lmao, I loved that game ( from a tatan army foot soldier's point of view. We still sing glory to this day to diago,lol)

WW2 though? soundtrack? hmmm, I just canny think of anything other than vera lynn, so I will have to give that era a complete body swerve.

the fawklands never really had a soundtrack to it I wouldnt think. There were bands against thatcher and her tory party at the time of that conflict, but no one wrote songs as strong as the vietnam war. Bands from everywhere wrote anti war songs then in the late 60's. But in the early 80's it was just about suppression and povery in britain.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

vietnam for sure,though desert storm, the music from then was good to. what a wierd question. there was alot of punk rock songs about the the fawkland islands. some english but mostly american(go figure)

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

When i think of war and soundtrack the first thing i think of is Vietnam and Fortunate Son be CCR...