1 (edited by Ryuusei 2024-09-15 21:08:37)

Topic: Two Worlds Apart

This is a new poem, I just completed it..... Though it still looks like it could use some polishing

You and I
Without an end or a beginning
Never came close or drifted away

Stuck together
Two birds of different feathers
We always kept each other at bay

Entangled
Closing in, but repelling
Like poles, opposites we stay

Flying away
You've been free forever
While I'm always flightless and stray

Intertwined
I'm only gonna be chasing
There's nothing else for me at play

Towards the horizon
Still being tugged off my feet
By your allure that's brighter than day

Someday, not never
If heavens really do listen
Let us be each other's, I pray

Though I doubt
Because you and I
Are two worlds apart, they say

"I hide behind a mirror of knowledge, I'm never that what you see
It is my wisdom that emanates, and is perceived by you as me"

#penned #not_stolen

Re: Two Worlds Apart

Maybe an edit or two, but it is a beautiful, bittersweet poem. Thanks for sharing.     

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

jets60 wrote:

Maybe an edit or two, but it is a beautiful, bittersweet poem. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks jets60........it is bittersweet....
I'm still not satisfied with the middle section, all I had in mind were the first two stanza and the last, and I kinda filled in the rest......I'll take some time to tweak it some more     

#penned #not_stolen

Good poem I enjoyed reading it. Two Worlds Apart interesting words Shivan. I think about differences and commonalities a lot.   How people who become adversaries because of their point of view forget about also their commonalities. Life has many layers and what appears simple can become very complex.  Birds of different feathers some fly some don't they all have to eat to survive.
Humans sometimes lose their way by becoming too focused on their differences while forgetting their similarities like having to eat to survive.     

Peatle Jville wrote:

Good poem I enjoyed reading it. Two Worlds Apart interesting words Shivan. I think about differences and commonalities a lot.   How people who become adversaries because of their point of view forget about also their commonalities. Life has many layers and what appears simple can become very complex.  Birds of different feathers some fly some don't they all have to eat to survive.
Humans sometimes lose their way by becoming too focused on their differences while forgetting their similarities like having to eat to survive.

I didn't consider this perspective.......clears some serious dilemma bothering me. I think I should explore more in terms of the settings of my works, as I have been stuck to one or two topics....thanks!!     

#penned #not_stolen