1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2024-09-09 00:03:58)

Topic: Herbie Flowers

I just heard one of my favorite bass players has passed away and it reminded that I haven't looked at or been chordie for a while.  I don't really have anything of value to offer this site nowadays but I thought this poem that came into my head might give someone something to read on here.           

Herbie Flowers On the Radio

Most times I don't want nothing but my central nervous system to respond to me.

Tidal triggers sometimes high sometimes low remind me to extend my reach.

Outside of my walls is a cat catching a rat while a lazy dog wags its tail head held high chasing the wind still loyal to a human.

Not saying hello not saying goodbye.

Warming sun a winter fire  a choir of birds surrounding me exempt from humans and invasive political words.

As I open my eyes in the morning to winter and summer invisible messages with no visible means of suport in my mind start to race all over the place after I hear a storm warning.

My thoughts wanting to conquer some unfathomable disgrace telling me when waking up the only boost  I need when tired is coffee beans and water.

Medical advice has turned me from coffee to tea blocking tiredness in my brain.

Blood boiling while hearing on the radio many humans are treated like lambs sent to the slaughter.

I hear a somber radio voice  announcing sad news, Herbie Flowers is no longer playing bass for some new recording.

Thoughts enter my morning space making me wonder what can I do that's good for the human race before I am called to that other place.

I hear a classical voice from an old playwriter of generations back saying in my head to me,  "to be or not to be" followed by a rock and roll intrusion into my thoughts a tune blasts out of my wife's radio telling me to "take a walk on the wild side".

After checking my  letterbox walking back up my path a idea springs out of the air reminding me its has been a long time since I have gone on my computer with thoughts of music and what's happening on chordie.

Finding no one is on chordie today  I ask myself who sang that song  "Where Have All The Flowers Gone".

Re: Herbie Flowers

That's sad......I personally never heard of Herbie Flowers, but I can definitely relate to this for one my favorite artists when they passed on......
But people have only their own selves to share the memories/experiences with.......or with a community who might relate, which is hard to come by
RIP     

"I hide behind a mirror of knowledge, I'm never that what you see
It is my wisdom that emanates, and is perceived by you as me"

#penned #not_stolen

Re: Herbie Flowers

Thank you Shivam for taking the time to read and comment. Herbie Flowers is a bass player that many have heard play but most probably don't know that they have. He is credited with playing bass on 500 hit recording by many artists. Many musician rate his bass playing on the Lou Reeds song Walk On The Wild Side as one of the great bass hooks of modern times. Herbie played bass on many genres of music and the people he played for or with is a bit of a whose who of music.