Topic: software helping your compositions to be almost perfect

Finally, thanks to a lot of you fellow chordians, I have bought the BOSS BR 600.
The music store man, responsible for the "electronic and recording" products told me that you can change with the "sliding" parts, like an equaliser, you are able to change already pieces, like a false note, (trying) to play a little solo: you make the good solo longer, and the bad so short that you don't hear it anymore.
But, again I need your help.

Is there someone who records also his songs, but also using software, where you can see the sound waves, and using the copy and paste function?
I know some of that software: like the once almost not to pay, cubase, or pro tools. BUT I DON'T KNOW AT ALL the other software that I can use.
Please help me with this problem, seeing all the members, there must be at least a few who record their songs, and like the producer, or soundengineer does: remove some of the false pieces, or correct the false pieces.
I WOULD BE REALLY HAPPY.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: software helping your compositions to be almost perfect

Hi Doc,
I use the software band in a box for composing songs, here you can compose your song complete with drumsets, lead guitar and all you like.
Its a nice tool with many samples.

St800

Let

st800: I got the cd-rom "BAND IN A BOX", but a 2005 version. It is a software with many possibilities, but I think I needed the 2007 version.
I will try again with BiB
Thanks a lot

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hi Phil,

I also record songs, unfortunately I do not have the BOSS BR600, but I do have a Tascam Portastudio 424. I have with it a foot pedal so I am able to 'punch-in' (over record) an error. I do not know the specifiation of your unit but I would have thought that this feature would be available on it.

I think that this is an easier method of 'getting it right' than using software to alter or correct an error.

I also use Band-in-a-Box. I usually make the basic backing track with it for drums, bass, strings and efffects I want. I can then lay my backing vocal and guitar tracks (usually one fingerpcking and one strumming) over the basic track and finally add the lead vocal to give the finished song.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks Rog, because there was a 15% discount, there were a lot of people, however, it looks pretty well to an equaliser, and I was told that I could correct "false" notes, sliding one of the knobs.
I was busy to try to show it, but how the f** does it works, I saw already pictures of a guitar, and other stuff, but WHAT HAVE I DONE MY LORD????
So they told me that I can correct things, before they are recorded.
BUT ANY HELP IS WELCOME.