Topic: Anyone know 'The day we went to Bangor?'

hi all
Love this site and all the lovely music on it!
Today i found myself humming the above mentioned song...like you do...and naturally rushed upstairs to see if i could find the chords and lyrics on chordie...but couldn't find it sad

Can anyone help? I think it's by 'fiddlers dram'
thanking you kindly
JJ

...keep it simple...

Re: Anyone know 'The day we went to Bangor?'

I think Steeleye span sung it as well but im sorry, i haven't been able to find chords either.

[C]DID'NT WE HAVE A[F]LOVELY TIME,THE[G]DAY WE WENT TO[C]BANGOR  { HERE'S A START FOR YOU I WILL HAVE A LOOK TO SEE IF I HAVE THE SONG IN MY COLECTION}

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

4 (edited by Old Doll 2007-07-10 21:10:51)

Hi Jeyjey,

" Thats Fiddlers Dram" your looking for? Some where in my tangled web that name sticks! late 70/early 80s. Im sure ive seen that song on one of the irish  Music sites. i know the words are definitely their! I will see what i can find, but! im not good at the links! God you could end up with anything from me?

Slán
Old Doll

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

thanks for your replies smile there is a great vid on youtube of them singing it..but being a beginner ,couldn't work out chords(thanks daddycool btw)Its such a great song for singing along to in the car!don't try to play guitar at same time tho....
jj
ps all around my hat by steeleye span is another in that camp for me

...keep it simple...

all around my hat i think [C] [F] [D7] [G] SHOULD WORK..

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool